'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Basically.....the only reason why he transferred to Powell is to commit to UT. Coach Gibson (the defensive coordinator or something at Powell) told my brother while he and Ayden Greene (my little brothers best friend) were at Food City while he was working.

Stranger things have happened at a grocery store.

1626378971193.gif

That’s still illegal and will cause a HS player to lose college eligibility

I wasn't aware that the bodies governing high school football had any weight in regards to NCAA eligibility. He'd more than likely lose HS eligibility, but I'm not sure there's anything that would carry over to college. I could be wrong, just never heard of such a situation where punishment would follow a player.

I
I wasn't aware that the bodies governing high school football had any weight in regards to NCAA eligibility. He'd more than likely lose HS eligibility, but I'm not sure there's anything that would carry over to college. I could be wrong, just never heard of such a situation where punishment would follow a player.
It seems to me it would be the equivalent of a job which to my knowledge isn't prohibited.

Reactions: KptVFL
That’s still illegal and will cause a HS player to lose college eligibility

If true I didn’t know that. Was half kidding, but I have also been seeing other high end recruits getting product spotlight and doing promotions for gear, websites and services. Addison Nichols for one.

From the High School Governing Body

While it is not our position to debate the merits of current college athletes earning money from their NIL, it should be understood that these changes do not affect current high school student-athletes. Current high school student-athletes CANNOT earn money as a result of their connection to their high school team.
Already, in less than a week, we have seen articles suggesting that high school athletes should likewise be able earn money from their NIL. Our member state associations have rules in place that prohibit student-athletes from receiving money in any form that is connected to wearing their school uniform.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

VN Store

Back