'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Rodney Garner has set his sights on the west Tennessee defensive lineman. Currently Tennessee is behind several programs in the race for Nolen but Garner is crafty and a big name for all defensive linemen. It may be a tougher road than previously thought but we aren’t going to close the door on Tennessee getting back into the mix in this one.
-Vq

Not getting top talent (especially in state) this year is not an indictment against this staff. Recruiting is generally a 2 year+ process under normal conditions. We can't realistically expect this staff to come in and secure the best players in state in 2 months (the time frame when many kids will make commitments) under the current situation.

Not getting top talent (especially in state) this year is not an indictment against this staff. Recruiting is generally a 2 year+ process under normal conditions. We can't realistically expect this staff to come in and secure the best players in state in 2 months (the time frame when many kids will make commitments) under the current situation.

Completely agree. Fans need to understand that not only was our entire coaching staff replaced but the entire recruiting department also. I don’t know if we have experienced that kind of turnover in recent memory.

It sucks because Nolen is one of those teuengame changers I believe. It was gonna be extremely tough getting him with cornbreads staff. It was always gonna be an uphill battle. I just wish we could land him. But I believe we will be ok. We win 5-6 games this year and show improvement then recruits will come.

VN Store

Back