'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

VQ Podcast from today talked about players in the portal and their eligibility questions for next year due to maybe being involved with illegal payments. All of VQ mods said they had not heard anything about any of them being involved. Even said Gray would have played in the Bowl game if it hadn't been cancelled. AP speculated that Wanya may have some grade issues but nothing due to the investigation.

VQ Podcast from today talked about players in the portal and their eligibility questions for next year due to maybe being involved with illegal payments. All of VQ mods said they had not heard anything about any of them being involved. Even said Gray would have played in the Bowl game if it hadn't been cancelled. AP speculated that Wanya may have some grade issues but nothing due to the investigation.
Wanya was lazy in the class room too? I'm shocked

They hadn't heard anything about it, but they were all Neids recruits and they are gonna be mentioned in the report, I guarantee it. I am positive compliance told them their best bet is to distance themselves from UT, because UT is trying to distance itself from any wrong doing. It's part of house cleaning.

It is inevitable that some of these kids are going to lose a year if they did take money. I don't know how they will prove it.

AV said they wouldn’t have been eligible. Grades with WM explain the OU decision.

"I have some good connections within Walter Nolen's camp out of St. Benedict. It's going to be a wild ride. Had a great conversation to get the lay of the land. The bottom line is this; from what I could gather, the Vols had a leg up on the competition for the nation's top defensive lineman, until the chaos hit recently. Now it's anybody's game, according to my sources within his camp.

This is how it was explained to me, before the NCAA investigation and the Vols losing their coaching staff, Tennessee had the inside track with Ole Miss, LSU and Clemson being the next group. Alabama and Ohio State are also heavily in the picture.

But now it's truly wide open. As we reported before, there are a couple coaches at St. Benedict that played for Tennessee but they played at Tennessee while Lane Kiffin was the coach at Tennessee. One of the Ole Miss strength coaches, Corey Miller, also played ball with the St. Benedict coaches at Tennessee. I was told that Ole Miss has done a tremendous job, as of late, with Walter. Coach Kevin Smith is leading the charge in his recruitment with Marquise Watson, Lane Kiffin, DJ Durkin and Chris Partridge all chipping in. Ole Miss is trying to get Walter familiarized with as many staff members as they can and are making him feel like a priority.

LSU has two of his former teammates at Olive Branch, OG Xavier Hill and TE Jalen Shead, on their squad right now. Coach Orgeron is also directly recruiting Walter. They will definitely be one to watch. Clemson DC, Brent Venables, has done a great job recruiting Walter as well. From what I have gathered, Walter is mostly likely a signing day decision."

- Yancy Porter

This is from the Ole Miss Forum. Thought it was interesting

"I have some good connections within Walter Nolen's camp out of St. Benedict. It's going to be a wild ride. Had a great conversation to get the lay of the land. The bottom line is this; from what I could gather, the Vols had a leg up on the competition for the nation's top defensive lineman, until the chaos hit recently. Now it's anybody's game, according to my sources within his camp.

This is how it was explained to me, before the NCAA investigation and the Vols losing their coaching staff, Tennessee had the inside track with Ole Miss, LSU and Clemson being the next group. Alabama and Ohio State are also heavily in the picture.

But now it's truly wide open. As we reported before, there are a couple coaches at St. Benedict that played for Tennessee but they played at Tennessee while Lane Kiffin was the coach at Tennessee. One of the Ole Miss strength coaches, Corey Miller, also played ball with the St. Benedict coaches at Tennessee. I was told that Ole Miss has done a tremendous job, as of late, with Walter. Coach Kevin Smith is leading the charge in his recruitment with Marquise Watson, Lane Kiffin, DJ Durkin and Chris Partridge all chipping in. Ole Miss is trying to get Walter familiarized with as many staff members as they can and are making him feel like a priority.

LSU has two of his former teammates at Olive Branch, OG Xavier Hill and TE Jalen Shead, on their squad right now. Coach Orgeron is also directly recruiting Walter. They will definitely be one to watch. Clemson DC, Brent Venables, has done a great job recruiting Walter as well. From what I have gathered, Walter is mostly likely a signing day decision."

- Yancy Porter

This is from the Ole Miss Forum. Thought it was interesting
oh well...we'll just have to forfeit the whole ****ing year then. @bignewt you care to grab the lights? @VOLSONLY cats need some extra food! @Bassmaster_Vol make sure the generators hooked up.

oh well...we'll just have to forfeit the whole ****ing year then. @bignewt you care to grab the lights? @VOLSONLY cats need some extra food! @Bassmaster_Vol make sure the generators hooked up.
giphy.gif

Hey Coach, we need this guy more than any other in the next class. So dont let us down on not prioritizing Nolen. You said the SEC is different because of the trenches. Well get the baddest dude out there in this guy and start something special.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back