'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Tennessee fans in the 90s
"Why in the world would a player stay in their home state when they can come here and play for championships?"
Tennessee fans now
Why would a TN HS player want to go play for a top 10 team when he could stay here going 6-6 and being on probation?"

Doesnt make a ton of sense based on all weve read and heard. But, wouldnt be first time a player or family has lied sniffing green.
I don’t know what you been hearing , but I’ve been hearing A&M in the lead supposedly from Walter’s mouth.
People, quit ignoring what you don’t want to here and you might not be shocked so much.

Reactions: zooguy
People that are upset need to understand that TAMU is an easy sell right now. I could do it and here's the pitch (same pitch to every top recruit)...... We should have made the playoffs last year and we beat Bama this year. You are the missing piece to us being a national champion. My guys would like to show you and your family this lovely 4BR home we already have set up for you guys with all the NIL money you're about to get for coming here. We also have nice paying jobs lined up for your parents if they want them. Welcome home guys.
There is big money in their oil millionaire fan base.

Does his high school team still have games to play? I might go to one and taunt him like the French guy in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

raw

Kentucky does and they beat Florida

And have lost to UT the majority of games over the last ten years. I’m tired of being force fed chicken **** and being told I’m a negavol for not believing that it’s chicken salad.

I’m not out on the staff by any means but they have problems that need to be addressed.

Reactions: VolNash17
He may turn out to be a great player. The people who rank athletes are better judges than me. But, I’ve seen him play several times. He makes some really good plays. Then he seems to take off several plays. Might just be conditioning, or maybe he doesn’t have much drive. Time will tell. In the end, I wish he had signed with UT. I would be willing to risk the flop.

ok look... this kid can still come to UT, and/or hit the portal if doesn't like what he sees. I'm telling you these high star guys play the game. everything happens late. Would love to have him at UT.
Tennessee won't stop recruiting him... get a big win tonight and finish strong? You never know. I'm sure he goes to school with a lot of Vol fans.

He may turn out to be a great player. The people who rank athletes are better judges than me. But, I’ve seen him play several times. He makes some really good plays. Then he seems to take off several plays. Might just be conditioning, or maybe he doesn’t have much drive. Time will tell. In the end, I wish he had signed with UT. I would be willing to risk the flop.
I've heard similar things, but Albert Haynesworth is a better comparison than Khalil McKenzie. He will take some plays off, and maybe even a whole game or two. However, you still want this guy on your team. He is a great prospect.

This puts me in a bad mood. We need a win tonight.

And we won't know until the next class. Recruiting is about relationships, and this staff had no relationships with the top-rated guys in this class. Before this year, most were recruiting to UCF. It's not the same level. By next year, they'll have had ample time to create relationships with the recruits in the '23 class, but they just didn't have that time this year. It's a sucky truth, but it's truth. And it certainly wouldn't hurt for our boosters to get their thumbs out of their asses and help on the NIL front.

Come on man. Realism will NOT be tolerated on Volnation! You know this.

VN Store

Back