'19 TN DT Tymon Mitchell

it still stings to see Mitchell, Norton, Hampton, Logue etc...go elsewhere, cause you know we would definitely take them.
UGA now has commitments from 3 of the Top 25 in-state players and we just have 2, which is unacceptable, hopefully we can flip Norton.

Why is it unacceptable?
We don't need anybody, especially division rivals taking more of our state's top players than we do. We are Tennessee. I'm not calling for anybody's head mind you, we can make it up elsewhere, but this is a trend that can't continue if we are to get back where we need to be, especially with Tennessee becoming a better talent producing state.

We don't need anybody, especially division rivals taking more of our state's top players than we do. We are Tennessee. I'm not calling for anybody's head mind you, we can make it up elsewhere, but this is a trend that can't continue if we are to get back where we need to be, especially with Tennessee becoming a better talent producing state.
What if Pruitt didn't push very hard for Logue or Mitchell or some of the other "top players"...we just supposed to take them because they are ranked in our state Top 25?

Reactions: quadlee21
Smh.

What if Pruitt didn't push very hard for Logue or Mitchell or some of the other "top players"...we just supposed to take them because they are ranked in our state Top 25?
We sucked monkey balls last year, if you don't think we could have used them you are kidding yourself.

Reactions: Creamsicle82
Again, we can make it up elsewhere, it's not the end of the world or even close to it, but the demand for those big body types in P5 football is higher than the supply, to be a Top 5 team we need depth, depth, and more depth along the lines of scrimmage and that means keeping the majority of the top in-state guys at those positions AND getting some choice additions from GA, FL, the Carolinas and elsewhere.

What if our state talent just isn't that good? I mean yeah, losing out on Norton sucks. But I'm not going to gnash my teeth over Tymon. I like the DL class we've assembled thus far and i think we'll be just fine no matter what zip code these kids currently reside in.

We sucked monkey balls last year, if you don't think we could have used them you are kidding yourself.
I may do it, kid myself; but, nowhere near as much as someone still talking about last year, especially whenever they're trying to make a point about the 2019 recruiting class.

Reactions: butchna
What if our state talent just isn't that good? I mean yeah, losing out on Norton sucks. But I'm not going to gnash my teeth over Tymon. I like the DL class we've assembled thus far and i think we'll be just fine no matter what zip code these kids currently reside in.
Thank you!

Mitchell is the #24 DT in the country according to the 247 composite. We have no committed DT prospect ranked ahead of him. The one thing that gives me hope is that I think Pruitt is far more of a realist than some of you guys, and he won't accept this as the status quo either.

I have said in the Logue thread on more than one occasion my opinion of his play. Having officiated Jr high and high school ball in the mid tn area the last 5 years I believe the instate talent is a bit overrated. Give me the best talent from wherever they are from and I can tell you 1st hand that Logues offer was not on the spot comittable. As for some of the other players on the top 25 I can't say. Trust the coaches evaluations

I have said in the Logue thread on more than one occasion my opinion of his play. Having officiated Jr high and high school ball in the mid tn area the last 5 years I believe the instate talent is a bit overrated. Give me the best talent from wherever they are from and I can tell you 1st hand that Logues offer was not on the spot comittable. As for some of the other players on the top 25 I can't say. Trust the coaches evaluations
Logue I am less concerned about, I just hate to lose the homegrown big bodies like Mays last year and Mitchell. We need those guys sporting the power T! Glad to hear your assessment though!

Exactly. I'll take Wanya over all of the guys Georgia got from Tennessee this year combined. Throw in Ramel and I'd say we're making out like bandits in the trade.
It's as I said, and this is the best way I know how to sum it up...I'll take Warren Burrell over Woodi Washington any day of the week.

99th 89th ?
One year is now considered a trend?

Exactly. I'll take Wanya over all of the guys Georgia got from Tennessee this year combined. Throw in Ramel and I'd say we're making out like bandits in the trade.
I've never criticized Wanya or Ramel, in fact I said to build championship depth along the lines we needed both the homegrown OL and DL, and to score steals from elsewhere. Wanya is a great player, hopefully we can hold onto him, Lampley from TN should be pretty good too. I wouldn't want to trade either. I would have liked to have had Mays and Mitchell too, if we had gotten them both we'd have had a higher ranked class last year (with the addition of Mays) and this year (with the addition of Mitchell and Norton). I'm not sure what is so controversial about this.

I've never criticized Wanya or Ramel, in fact I said to build championship depth along the lines we needed both the homegrown OL and DL, and to score steals from elsewhere. Wanya is a great player, hopefully we can hold onto him, Lampley from TN should be pretty good too. I wouldn't want to trade either. I would have liked to have had Mays and Mitchell too, if we had gotten them both we'd have had a higher ranked class last year (with the addition of Mays) and this year (with the addition of Mitchell and Norton). I'm not sure what is so controversial about this.
Nothing is controversial about wanting those players. Acting like we're screwed because we didn't get them is what the issue with yer take was imo.

Mitchell is the #24 DT in the country according to the 247 composite. We have no committed DT prospect ranked ahead of him. The one thing that gives me hope is that I think Pruitt is far more of a realist than some of you guys, and he won't accept this as the status quo either.

So you disregard the fact that it appeared he was UT's to lose and then after a few camps Pruitt decided he wanted other DT's more than Mitchell?

VN Store

Back