'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

I get this response Everytime I bring this opinion up.

We're 9-15 over the past two seasons.
Would we have been that way with Dobbs at QB?
Hell, a freshman and sophomore Dobbs over the past two seasons gets us to bowl games both years!

We've been bad so long now that many of you can't see when there is potential good change.

Here's what we will hear during Fall camp,
-" Jarrett is leading the offense, but we need our young guys to step up. We play in a tough league and they'll be one play away from gettin in there. so they'll get some live snaps early on to get them some game experience"

What will then proceed is Maurer showing a superior grasp of the QB position in his limited stints early on.

By the time Florida game comes, we will again be down by 3 or 4 tds because JGs inability to move the offense / losing the field position battle and then the defense giving up.

Maurer will then come in after having nothing but positive results in his limited times this far, AND move the ball on Florida.

We'll win the 2nd half but it won't be enough to overcome the 1st half.

He then goes on lead us to 8 wins and a bowl game. Hello 2020 SEC EAST contenders!

Last edited:
Didn’t he throw 2 ints in the Spring Game? I mean no disrespect to Maurer I hope he’s a beast but all this seems a little pre mature LittleVol.

I get that and that's fine.

We just we have to wait and see.
But it will happen. Best QB prospect we've had since Clausen.

Hell, a freshman and sophomore Dobbs over the past two seasons gets us to bowl games both years!

We've been bad so long now that many any of you can't see when there is potential good change.

-" Jarrett is leading the offense, but we need our young guys to step. We play in a tough league and they'll be one play away from gettin in there. so they'll get some live snaps early on to get them some game experience"

What will the proceed is Maurer showing a superior grasp of the QB position in his limited stints early on.

By the time Florida game comes, we will again be down by 3 or 4 tds because JGs inability to move the offense / losing the field position battle and then the defense giving up.

Maurer will then come in after having nothing but positive results in his limited times this far, AND move the ball on Florida.

He then goes on lead us to 8 wins and a bowl game. Hello 2020 SEC EAST contenders!
“Will”. Flaw in your science. Facts are something that’s already happened. So you played football? Lots of you guys predict stuff that never happens...including you. I’m not stating as a fact that Maurer (or Shrout) doesn’t get it done...embrace the brotherhood of not KNOWING what will happen.

We've been bad so long now that many of you can't see when there is potential good change.

-" Jarrett is leading the offense, but we need our young guys to step up. We play in a tough league and they'll be one play away from gettin in there. so they'll get some live snaps early on to get them some game experience"

What will then proceed is Maurer showing a superior grasp of the QB position in his limited stints early on.

Hate to knock you off your soapbox but you do realize that Maurer was 7-14 the last 2 years in HIGH SCHOOL football

That might be one of the worst arguments I’ve ever seen on here, and that’s saying something.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
“Will”. Flaw in your science. Facts are something that’s already happened. So you played football? Lots of you guys predict stuff that never happens...including you. I’m not stating as a fact that Maurer (or Shrout) doesn’t get it done...embrace the brotherhood of not KNOWING what will happen.

Hate to knock you off your soapbox but you do realize that Maurer was 7-14 the last 2 years in HIGH SCHOOL football

That might be one of the worst arguments I’ve ever seen on here, and that’s saying something.

Yet you ignore the Dobbs question?
You have no argument. So whether you intended to or not is irrelevant because you didn't knock me off of anything.

You have no argument. So whether you intended to or not is irrelevant because you didn't knock me off of anything.
Dobbs had no transformative winning ability his true freshman season...guess Maurer is better.

Your ignorance inadvertently torpedoed your own argument 😂

Someone throw their mans a life raft. Sharks are circling!

Reactions: nesbuddha66

oh brother, this guy STINKS.

As of right now, EVERYONE thinks Bailey comes in and starts day one. If Maurer we're not here, then I would agree with that.

Look, the JG argument people continue to waste time about is a complete non-issue.
He'll probably start 1st 3 games before Brian unseats him.

So far I'm the only one that believes Maurer is our QB "now". The thought of Harrison Bailey not being a part of this class is depressing for most.

Not going to be the case 3 months from now.

Yes we will need 2 QBs. In this class.
One to replace Harrison Bailey
The other to replace transfer of JG.
I'm not going to laugh at you, but I did take a screenshot. I guess we will see in October.

I'm not going to laugh at you, but I did take a screenshot. I guess we will see in October.
Hell I’m not going to bet anything on anything. With this Oline anything is possible. I’m not sold on JG being terrible but I’m also not sold on him being significantly better than those behind him. If one had more mobility there’s always a chance.

Reactions: drvenner

You can take a screenshot put it in your work email sig or whatever. It's not like anyone HERE IN THE THREAD is going to be like
"I need to give LittleVol his props..."
Once it happens.

Reactions: drvenner
You can take a screenshot put it in your work email sig or whatever. It's not like anyone HERE IN THE THREAD is going to be like
"I need to give LittleVol his props..."
Once it happens.
If Maurer is as good as you think he is, you will get all my props.

Reactions: LittleVol
Your ignorance inadvertently torpedoed your own argument 😂

Someone throw their mans a life raft. Sharks are circling!

Keep avoiding a real answer with more meaningless deflection.

Dobbs with the same team would have gotten us to a bowl game.

That's what Maurer will do. Unlike JG who's had two years.

You know, he is a UT QB as well.
Are you going to cheer for him when he starts winning?

VN Store

Back