'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

Meh, idk. I think several said that people were crazy for wanting Dobbs in sooner. I think JG could have a nice season if he gets some help at Oline and WR. That said I’m not so sold on him that I can’t see a more athletic QB giving us a better chance at winning more games. I don’t think it’s as crazy as some make it.

I don't care how athletic you are, if our OL resembles last yrs we will fair no better. Dobbs came in during the Bama game, and looked promising only because they had not schemed for him. The real deal is that experience that JG gained last year will be the factor that will allow us to beat a few teams that we wouldn't have beaten. Maurer is athletic, but being athletic don't help you read a defense and make the right call. That cones from repetition which Maurer doesn't have.

If it doesn't happen, yes. I'll admit I was wrong.

Why wouldn't I?

It's not like I'm going to fall in debt or win the Powerball based of the results...
I like Maurer a lot ! But think you went over the top rope. If he gets a chance this year, I don't think we'll be disappointed. Chaney will make the biggest difference in our offense.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Quit posting your home videos.

I get this response Everytime I bring this opinion up.

We're 9-15 over the past two seasons.
Would we have been that way with Dobbs at QB?
Hell, a freshman and sophomore Dobbs over the past two seasons gets us to bowl games both years!

We've been bad so long now that many of you can't see when there is potential good change.

Here's what we will hear during Fall camp,
-" Jarrett is leading the offense, but we need our young guys to step up. We play in a tough league and they'll be one play away from gettin in there. so they'll get some live snaps early on to get them some game experience"

What will then proceed is Maurer showing a superior grasp of the QB position in his limited stints early on.

By the time Florida game comes, we will again be down by 3 or 4 tds because JGs inability to move the offense / losing the field position battle and then the defense giving up.

Maurer will then come in after having nothing but positive results in his limited times this far, AND move the ball on Florida.

We'll win the 2nd half but it won't be enough to overcome the 1st half.

He then goes on lead us to 8 wins and a bowl game. Hello 2020 SEC EAST contenders!

Cool story?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back