'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

From AU Rivals -

Omari Thomas wondered what a game would be like inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

He no longer was to wonder. Thomas, a four-star defensive tackle from Briarcrest Christian in Eads, Tenn., was in Auburn this weekend on an official visit. He watched from the front row as Auburn beat No. 5 Alabama, 48-45. “It was a really good game,” Thomas said. “The atmosphere was crazy. It being the Iron Bowl just made it even better. Auburn came out and played hard. They played with intensity.”

Thomas kept a close eye on Auburn’s defensive line.“I looked at Marlon (Davidson) and Derrick (Brown) and saw how they played,” Thomas said. “They are really good players and I watched them so I could take things from their games.”

Thomas was impressed with Auburn’s defensive line, but not surprised. “They are good, real good,” Thomas said. “Because they are coached by Coach G (Rodney Garner).”

Thomas met with Garner, coach Gus Malzahn and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. He also had the opportunity to experience the postgame locker room. “We went on the field a little bit and in the locker room,” Thomas said. “The locker room was crazy.”

Thomas will take an official visit to Florida next weekend (Dec. 6-8) and then announce his college choice on Dec. 9. Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and Texas A&M are his finalists.
“Auburn is high,” he said. “I liked what I saw. I enjoyed it a lot.”

Well he could have just watched last years tape of the Vols out on the Plains?

That is what a mob does. Also, OD had similar info to AtlantaVol & AtlantaVol confirmed. I believe AtlantaVol has more from staff and boosters. I believe OD has info from high school players and coaches. Dont think either has direct contact with the actual player. If OD's is from high school players, it is less consistant and changes quicker. I am probably way off base however that makes the most sense. Either way, I know my kids change their minds fairly abruptly. Recruiting high school kids is constantly unconsistant.
🤭 bless your heart..

VN Store

Back