'22 TN DT Giovanni Davis

Never been to a camp...that will change....rumors are Chris Jones going to be the HC at SP. Jones has won the Grey Cup as HC and 2 more times as DC. IF true Gio will be coached up.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
All I know is Eddie Moore was a 3 star from tiny south Pittsburgh this kid plays DL. Trust coach Garner to know what translates to SEC level play. In CHRIST Alone
Eddie was never rated. Ended up being a 2nd rounder and first taken in his class.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Never been to a camp...that will change....rumors are Chris Jones going to be the HC at SP. Jones has won the Grey Cup as HC and 2 more times as DC. IF true Gio will be coached up.
It’s between him and current DC. Heard there was promises made to said current coach but everyone wants Jones and Jones is ready to be home doing what he loves. Should know within a few weeks

Davis, a Class of 2022 defensive tackle from South Pittsburg (Tenn.) High School, said he already has spoken multiple times with new Tennessee defensive line coach Rodney Garner, and the Vols have “been better at communicating” with him since Heupel’s hiring almost a month ago. With five offers now under his belt, Davis said Tennessee is “one of my top choices right now.”

“I had more interest (in Tennessee) once I realized how on top of stuff they were,” he said. “I don’t really know how to explain it. The new staff just got me more interested and stuff.”

While the 6-foot-4, 285-pound Davis said he’s “not leaning yet” toward Tennessee or any of the other teams currently pursuing him, he said he has been high on the Vols since getting his offer from former coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff in November. Davis said Tennessee is appealing to him because of the possibility of “staying in-state and the fan base.”

“It’s, like, a different type of fan base,” said Davis, who also holds offers from Arkansas, Arizona State and Eastern Kentucky. “Tennessee and Alabama fans, that’s just how they are.”

He said Heupel has “texted me before,” and Garner has been talking with him “almost on a regular basis — like, once a week.”

“We talked on the phone,” Davis said of Garner. “He was like, they need dogs on the defensive line and stuff, and he said I had the skill set and athleticism and the size. … (Heupel) gave me some of the other coaches’ numbers and stuff.

“They seem dedicated, because they’re on top of stuff. That’s what it seems like to me because, whenever they text me, they tell me the truth. They won’t just be saying stuff. They’ve been better at communicating.

“I had more interest once I realized how on top of stuff they were. I don’t really know how to explain it. The new staff just got me more interested and stuff.”
-Callahan

Tennessee defensive line coach Rodney Garner likes the fact that Davis is an athlete.

"Coach said he likes my attributes and how I have a good blend of size and speed. He said I have good hands and likes how quick I am off the ball," the prospect said. "With my background, I am very versatile on the line.

"Coach Garner said I could still play the three-technique because I have the arm length but I could also play defensive end because I have the speed and patience."

“I haven’t given it much thought right now,” Davis concluded. “But I’ll probably commit sometime during or after my senior year.”
- E Cain

VolQuest - South Pittsburg's Gio Davis talks Vols

Did he transfer?

No think he transferred in from Alabama. Somebody said something about South Pitt booster club paid 3 months of rent $1800 I just found out. South Pitt got 2 years probation from the TSSAA. The appeal is today.

Reactions: volatil
No think he transferred in from Alabama. Somebody said something about South Pitt booster club paid 3 months of rent $1800 I just found out. South Pitt got 2 years probation from the TSSAA. The appeal is today.
😬

Appeal pushed back til tomorrow. The qb club paid December’s month rent with the family not knowing about the situation. Apparently moms hours were cut at work and she was between a hard spot and a rock about either to pay rent or give the kids a Christmas. She apparently never asked for any help. With what I know about the whole situation I highly believe he will be playing football this fall.

Appeal pushed back til tomorrow. The qb club paid December’s month rent with the family not knowing about the situation. Apparently moms hours were cut at work and she was between a hard spot and a rock about either to pay rent or give the kids a Christmas. She apparently never asked for any help. With what I know about the whole situation I highly believe he will be playing football this fall.
TSSAA leading the way.....

VN Store

Back