'22 TN DT Giovanni Davis

Fingers

Giovanni Davis, 2022 Defensive tackle - Rivals.com

Gio Davis on Hudl

“I’ve got a lot of family that likes UT,” said Davis, who helped his South Pittsburg team advance to Tennessee’s Class 1A semifinals with a 37-7 win at Gordonsville (Tenn.) High School in Friday’s quarterfinals.

“As soon as I posted it (on Twitter), they were texting.”

Davis admitted he grew up liking LSU. But he said some of his relatives are “big Tennessee fans — like, walk in the living room and they’ve got an orange couch,” referring to his uncle. That’s one of the reasons he said “it’s going to be tough” for him to turn down the opportunity to play at Tennessee.

“I’d be closer to home, so I like it a lot more,” he said, “and I’ve got a lot of family (nearby) and stuff.”

“I want to come see it,” he said. “I mean, if I’m able to go during the dead period, I’ll try.”

“I think the defense, it’s good,” Davis said. “I like the scheme and stuff Tennessee runs. I just like it.”
rc

Refreshing to know that actual winning doesn't weigh heavy on the decision making of 17-18 yo's.

SP has a great summer work out program...can't wait to see him grow as a player.

Hoping with him getting these D1 looks that it will open the eyes to some schools on our other players. As hard as it is to believe sp has some really good talent

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Gio is headed to Championship game was instrumental in holding Coalfield to 2 first downs and 38 yds rushing. He also blew up a back in backfield stripped the ball and scored a 30 yd. Td. The big boy can scoot. SP also has another player who is 6'8" 315 and is very athletic just never knew how to play until this year. Grider said if he had him for another year he would be special.

Reactions: Vol Main
Gio is headed to Championship game was instrumental in holding Coalfield to 2 first downs and 38 yds rushing. He also blew up a back in backfield stripped the ball and scored a 30 yd. Td. The big boy can scoot. SP also has another player who is 6'8" 315 and is very athletic just never knew how to play until this year. Grider said if he had him for another year he would be special.
Is Grider retiring??

Heard he is going to Ga.
Teachers have to double dip if they can, can't blame them.
Ain't gonna be paid much in Tennessee.
He might find it harder down there....
SP really supports the Pirates.
Hope they win State.

Teachers have to double dip if they can, can't blame them.
Ain't gonna be paid much in Tennessee.
He might find it harder down there....
SP really supports the Pirates.
Hope they win State.
Vic has a process that will work in Ga. He gets the community envolved and gets kids to come out. SP one of the smallest HS in the state and they have 70 players out for football. That's over half the boys in School. Get a chance check out their Facebook page Pirate Fan Page.

Vic has a process that will work in Ga. He gets the community envolved and gets kids to come out. SP one of the smallest HS in the state and they have 70 players out for football. That's over half the boys in School. Get a chance check out their Facebook page Pirate Fan Page.

Vic does a great job at SP. The community buys in which give back great support for all games and fundraising as well. The rumors of Vic leaving have died down as of right now. He has a really good chance of getting another gold ball next year with the exemption of Peabody dropping down to 1A. A lot of talent returning. The talk on the street as they were going to throw the kitchen sink at former Whitwell and current Waverlys coach Bolden. I’m thinking he has ties to the community somehow and recall him playing for Grider in 2002 or 2003. If that didn’t pan out, current defense coordinator Waggoner would be the new HC.

Vic does a great job at SP. The community buys in which give back great support for all games and fundraising as well. The rumors of Vic leaving have died down as of right now. He has a really good chance of getting another gold ball next year with the exemption of Peabody dropping down to 1A. A lot of talent returning. The talk on the street as they were going to throw the kitchen sink at former Whitwell and current Waverlys coach Bolden. I’m thinking he has ties to the community somehow and recall him playing for Grider in 2002 or 2003. If that didn’t pan out, current defense coordinator Waggoner would be the new HC.
I haven't heard about Bolden. I did hear some strong rumors about Chris Jones. I expect it to be Waggoner.
Also heard more SEC offers coming Gio's way.

I also heard about a Chris Jones return at one point. If he is ready to come home then we would welcome him with open arms. I also expect Waggoner as well but never know how it falls. Ready to see the big man eat come Friday. Would like to see the young man go to a few camps over the spring and summer as well to see how he really competes against others his size.

Reactions: Mccage
I also heard about a Chris Jones return at one point. If he is ready to come home then we would welcome him with open arms. I also expect Waggoner as well but never know how it falls. Ready to see the big man eat come Friday. Would like to see the young man go to a few camps over the spring and summer as well to see how he really competes against others his size.
His fast,athletic, strong, and mean. He will do fine.

Chris still lives in SP. Has a home about 2 blocks from the school. He has a role with the Browns but it isnt on field coaching like he loves. I could see him coming back. He is a good man.

Reactions: allvol90
Gio got 2 more offers from Arkansae and Arizona State. That makes 4 SEC offers. He is working hard in the weight room. I hope we go after him.

Bethel in west TN came in and offer about 8 players at once including Gio. As far as I know his grades are well enough for him to qualify with ease.

I like this from the quotes in the OP...

Davis admitted he grew up liking LSU. But he said some of his relatives are “big Tennessee fans — like, walk in the living room and they’ve got an orange couch,” referring to his uncle. That’s one of the reasons he said “it’s going to be tough” for him to turn down the opportunity to play at Tennessee.

“I’d be closer to home, so I like it a lot more,” he said, “and I’ve got a lot of family (nearby) and stuff.”

VN Store

Back