'19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (Tennessee signee)

I think Williams will see time at NT...but start elsewhere. Gooden is our bridge to Simmons.

Wherever Williams plays it’s going to be nasty. He is a tough kid to stop and he has a motor. I like Gooden at NT he has that nice base and massive wingspan which is perfect for NT. With the extra weight and muscle he puts on before the fall he is going to be tough to stop at the NT position.

My original point is he is a bit undersized, but I hope he can be disruptive like that type of DT/NT.

I’m not going to argue any further. I’m glad to have Simmons and by no means am I complaining.

Good thing Pruitt and crew had him camp and assessed every aspect of his game. Also, when a kid who weighs 350 can jump and touch a basketball rim, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Also, being shorter in stature is not bad at the NT position for Pruitts defense because he is a hole filler. As wide as he is and with a strong base all he needs to be able to do is fill up space and not get pushed around. He is a bull rusher and being shorter gives him that much more power. Plus he has long arms.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
Skip to the 30 second mark...

tumblr_mj7vpf7oyn1s55cxco2_500.gif

VN Store

Back