'18 TN DT Brant Lawless

Hit the portal today. Any interest or chance for the good guys here?

Hate to hear it. Hope he ends up in a good spot. Really thought the big 3 (Lawless/Litaker/Emerson) would be what we’d build around.

At least Emerson looks like he is gonna be good, I really hate that Litaker had such bad knee problems. Didn’t Lawless have some grade issues and there were questions about him getting in?

At least Emerson looks like he is gonna be good, I really hate that Litaker had such bad knee problems. Didn’t Lawless have some grade issues and there were questions about him getting in?
Don't recall, but if he did, that is a good reason to go to N. C. They creat no-attend classes for their players.

Never recover from losing Lawless. 😥
- Catbone and Bruin in a rare duet of talent...prolly

Reactions: chargervol
I would guess no, since we passed on him the first time around. Where did he end up signing? UNC?

Yeah he did. I think we ran out of room with him. He got to UNC in Spring of this year and really impressed. But, the coaches were giving all the reps to two SR DTs this season.

Sounds like a talented kid that needs a dire lesson in patience. Or perhaps family brings him back to TN. Depending on his grades, it shouldn't be a problem transferring here. We definitely have the space for him now.

I would take him in a heartbeat.

After 2020 we're losing
Gooden
Butler
Blakely
Middleton
Solomon
Bumphis...

We'll have
Williams RS SR 6'4 310
Garland RS JR 6'3 310
Emerson RS JR 6'4 310
Mincey RS JR 6'3 285
Simmons RS SO 6'1 320
Aiken RS SO 6'4 290
Bailey RS FR 6'3 300

Yes Lawless could come here sit out 2020 and be much needed in 2021!

Last edited:
Yeah he did. I think we ran out of room with him. He got to UNC in Spring of this year and really impressed. But, the coaches were giving all the reps to two SR DTs this season.

Sounds like a talented kid that needs a dire lesson in patience. Or perhaps family brings him back to TN. Depending on his grades, it shouldn't be a problem transferring here. We definitely have the space for him now.

After 2020 we're losing
Gooden
Butler
Blakely
Middleton
Solomon
Bumphis...

We'll have
Williams RS SR 6'4 310
Garland RS JR 6'3 310
Emerson RS JR 6'4 310
Simmons RS SO 6'1 320
Aiken RS SO 6'4 290
Bailey RS FR 6'3 300

Or we could just start recruiting DL at a higher level and look for better transfer/grad transfers.

Or we could just start recruiting DL at a higher level and look for better transfer/grad transfers.

Definitely have to recruit better from high school ranks.

I'm hopeful we flip Rogers and perhaps get that Lewis kid out of Georgia.

We've got 4 guys on our Dline that came through JUCO or transfer portal. You want to get them from high school and grow them .
Middleton really could have benefited from that.

Reactions: VolInDayton
Definitely have to recruit better from high school ranks.

I'm hopeful we flip Rogers and perhaps get that Lewis kid out of Georgia.

We've got 4 guys on our Dline that came through JUCO or transfer portal. You want to get them from high school and grow them .
Middleton really could have benefited from that.
we're getting Doc Ox, possibly FSU kid, and im optimistic on Baron. We have a lot of youts on roster that are starting to play well. You better believe Garner has a copy of our latest roster.

we're getting Doc Ox, possibly FSU kid, and im optimistic on Baron. We have a lot of youts on roster that are starting to play well. You better believe Garner has a copy of our latest roster.

What FSU kid? Morven? He's a LB.

Oxendine would be nice.

Need to flip Rogers.

Maybe there's a late bloomer we don't know about yet...

Reactions: TooRockyByFar

After 2020 we're losing
Gooden
Butler
Blakely
Middleton
Solomon
Bumphis...

We'll have
Williams RS SR 6'4 310
Garland RS JR 6'3 310
Emerson RS JR 6'4 310
Mincey RS JR 6'3 285
Simmons RS SO 6'1 320
Aiken RS SO 6'4 290
Bailey RS FR 6'3 300

We’ll also have Oxendine, Baron, Thomas.. and whoever we pick up in 2021.

What FSU kid? Morven? He's a LB.

Oxendine would be nice.

Need to flip Rogers.

Maybe there's a late bloomer we don't know about yet...

We aren't a factor with Rogers at all. I want Omari Thomas. He is a better prospect than Rogers IMO. Better frame and more athletic. Rogers is a way better OL prospect than he is DL.

Grades and I believe motor / work ethic were questions with him. Going JUCO for a year and proving himself might be his best road. If he can have a strong / productive year at a JC you might see the big schools pursue him.

We aren't a factor with Rogers at all. I want Omari Thomas. He is a better prospect than Rogers IMO. Better frame and more athletic. Rogers is a way better OL prospect than he is DL.

I want both...

Rogers is visiting Knoxville for an official visit is he not??

VN Store

Back