'24 TN DL Carson Gentle (Tennessee)

One thing I really like in football players is a kid that has a motor that won't quit. Gentle has that. This kid is going to be a really good player. Reminds me a lot of VFL Will Overstreet, 2002 3rd round draft pick by ATL. (6'2" 259 as HS sr., grew to 6'4"). Looks really good as a TE also.

Last edited:

One of the better discussions I've heard from these two. I normally can't listen bc Bacon interrupts and talks too much.

I like Carson as a player. At worst, he is a very solid backup that has scheme versatility and a high motor. Could end up as a solid SEC starter. The fact that he obviously listened to Kyler and changed his Hudl highlight film is funny but also shows a good attitude, lack of egoand willingness to listen and be coached/mentored. A lot to like and I think his athleticism is fine and he looks strong enough to hold his own in the SEC at 260-270...he shouldn't have a problem getting there. Definitely has high football IQ.

This guy is a player. My brother -in - law (who is a dawg fan and was standing with Will Muschamp) said everyone was talking about Gentle. He said Gentle reminded him of Bowers when he made some catches at TE.

Do not sleep on this guy. Tough, smart, talented and grew up a Vol fan. He stood out in the Baylor and McCallie game and look at all the players from those teams that will play D1 football.

Those two are hard to listen to. KK is decent but his sidekick never stops talking and never stops interrupting. I’m a tennssee podcast junkie but had to stop listening to them.
KK needs new friends. It would be cool with him and someone like Josh Smith

VN Store

Back