'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Not this time. Hardy was still denying he signed it even while Price broke the story. Why would our “idiot” coaches second guess the LOI page without his name on it? All while being invited into his home for a visit. Price was tipped off by the Auburn media, not the player (family), Auburn, is the NCAA.
Misunderstood you..sorry

I was brought up if you don't have anything good to say about a person, don't say anything so.............. Mods PLEASE remove this joke of a thread.

So, you are throwing shade on those that are questioning the integrity and honesty of a prospect that apparently signed then invited other coaches to recruit him? Some decorum should be required but his actions and those around him are in play. Would also like to know the rules for school receiving his LOI. Especially if they are really trying to hide behind a sent it back excuse. If not corrected and returned within the three day window is it valid? If not what about their contacts with him KNOWING it was not in place.

They all have earned some “ stink eye” at a minimum.

Last edited:
I recall another former recruit who signed with an SEC rival getting killed on Vol Twitter. That former recruit is currently on campus as a member of the football team. I'm not ok with adults trashing a HS kid no matter how immature he is acting.
So it all worked out ☕

I think I understand what happened here. This kid and his family were feeling disrespected by what our guys were "offering"..Awbarn saw an opportunity and went all in on the $ end..while playing up that UT had disrespected, took them for granted, and took advantage of them by "offering" so much less...hence the malicious trolling of our guys.

I am surprised with the parents. Probably just because we actually teach our kids that lying is wrong.

My son would probably never be seen on social media again if he pulled a stunt like this. The embarrassment of me calling him out in public would put an end to that ish, real quick.

To deter future trolling, setups, or general time wasting, there needs to be a strong penalty for those involved.

1. Hardy should not be able to join Auburn’s program. Not this year, not as a 2021 gray shirt, and not as a 2022 Juco.
2. Auburn should forfeit the spot this cycle, with no opportunity to back count in 2021.
3. Hardy should lose one year of eligibility. Any school that takes him wouldn’t be able to play him until 2021.
4. Malzahn, Auburn’s recruiting coordinator, and/or Garner should Face recruiting limitations this cycle.

Forget about the fans. Our livelihood isn’t at stake. But our coaches, the media, and even the players that travelled to recruit him don’t need to have their time wasted by this garbage.

To deter future trolling, setups, or general time wasting, there needs to be a strong penalty for those involved.

1. Hardy should not be able to join Auburn’s program. Not this year, not as a 2021 gray shirt, and not as a 2022 Juco.
2. Auburn should forfeit the spot this cycle, with no opportunity to back count in 2021.
3. Hardy should lose one year of eligibility. Any school that takes him wouldn’t be able to play him until 2021.
4. Malzahn, Auburn’s recruiting coordinator, and/or Garner should Face recruiting limitations this cycle.

Forget about the fans. Our livelihood isn’t at stake. But our coaches, the media, and even the players that travelled to recruit him don’t need to have their time wasted by this garbage.
That's too harsh imo. I'm in the boat of the punishment fitting what Tennessee would get if they knowingly contacted him after the NLI was signed.

I understand where you're coming from though

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Absolutely. I posted earlier that there’s a couple of kids that do this type stuff every year and I can’t remeber a single one that went on to become a great player. Great players carry themselves in a respectable manner almost always.
Should of surprised no one! Had the same DW. Vibe all along and I don’t care who said what Didn’t ever seem like UT to me.

That's too harsh imo. I'm in the boat of the punishment fitting what Tennessee would get if they knowingly contacted him after the NLI was signed.

Well, we know it's not going to happen, but I wish they would at least threaten them with action being taken as a deterrent.

It might be. But Auburn is no stranger to NCAA and now the FBI. Whatever punishment is needed to discourage this from continuing.

One thing about Hardy that has bothered me. When he committed to Auburn.. He stated that he would talk with UT and visit to "get to know them better" (not exact quote). My first thought was he visited UT many many times.. What else would you need to know? All this is just strange to me. If he wants attention, he would have been a rock star if he signed the first time.. Along with the camaraderie with the kids that signed from the state of Tennessee that all seem tight with each other. Just a head scratcher.. So what is really happening here.. 🤔

One thing about Hardy that has bothered me. When he committed to Auburn.. He stated that he would talk with UT and visit to "get to know them better" (not exact quote). My first thought was he visited UT many many times.. What else would you need to know? All this is just strange to me. If he wants attention, he would have been a rock star if he signed the first time.. Along with the camaraderie with the kids that signed from the state of Tennessee that all seem tight with each other. Just a head scratcher.. So what is really happening here.. 🤔
get to know them better = see if they’ll pay me to listen.

What if we kept "recruiting" Hardy and it was mostly just him telling us what Auburn gave him and what his price is. Wouldnt surprise me with this kid

VN Store

Back