'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

What did fingerpaint say? He blocked me :(
He said something right after the commitment. Basically what's been said in here since yesterday morning.. rough summary was "he was all vol til yesterday, somethings not right here"

Some other idiot "reported" that his "sources" said Hardy would be a bust at the next level. Luckily VR2 got on his case for saying stupid s*** and Hardy retweeted VR2's response as well. So hopefully he sees were not all salty a**holes lol

He said something right after the commitment. Basically what's been said in here since yesterday morning.. rough summary was "he was all vol til yesterday, somethings not right here"

Some other idiot "reported" that his "sources" said Hardy would be a bust at the next level. Luckily VR2 got on his case for saying stupid s*** and Hardy retweeted VR2's response as well. So hopefully he sees were not all salty a**holes lol
I get the guy’s tweet was satire, but man grab some attention some other way. Kid’s see this stuff and it grows old on them and leaves a bad taste in their mouth. Jay has no clue who that guy is but the perception of a couple can give a bad name to all. There is a fine line on twitter because there are so many burner accounts and people trying to create a drama and controversy by doing stuff like that. You can’t respond to that because you’re just playing their game. However, an identifiable account that is doing something for attention and doing it towards a kid is when you can call a spade a spade.

I get the guy’s tweet was satire, but man grab some attention some other way. Kid’s see this stuff and it grows old on them and leaves a bad taste in their mouth. Jay has no clue who that guy is but the perception of a couple can give a bad name to all. There is a fine line on twitter because there are so many burner accounts and people trying to create a drama and controversy by doing stuff like that. You can’t respond to that because you’re just playing their game. However, an identifiable account that is doing something for attention and doing it towards a kid is when you can call a spade a spade.
Totally agree. We've had enough bad attention around Tennessee Football over the last couple years. No point in doing anything like that. Just makes any recruit in that situation turn their back towards that program even more, IMO.

Reactions: SugarCC
Is it me or does that Tweet seem, benign?
I didn't think that one was too bad. I was more aggravated about all the people moaning on and on about how Gus will be gone and Hardy got paid and this and that. Just never really understood acting like that on a tweet about a recruit. He's obviously going to see it, and its not like a few random people are going to change his mind. Just puts a bad taste in the kid's mouth, like @vol4092 said

Reactions: SugarCC
Last minute switches always hurt the most especially when a recruit has lied or changed his mind without telling the losing coaching staff.
Always leads to the “bagman” speculation.
Hope that didn’t happen here. Auburn used to have that “reputation” to try to compete with their big brother in Tuscaloosa.

the emotional reaction is to say Hell NO.

but you step back...we've put well over a year and a half in to this kid. he was in the plan. i'm sure we have other guys we've recruited at the position, but i think it's a tad naive to say that we weren't pretty much counting on Hardy to be in this class.

so, there's an opportunity cost associated sticking with that emotional reaction. there's also one with continuing to pursue him knowing he's committed somewhere else....we already missed.....missing again on a flip attempt at some point becomes a waste of resources.

and we need to fill that spot. with him or others......so there's a line we'll get to where it gets counter productive. where is that line? i don't know. it's possible we've already passed it. the staff will have to make that judgment.
My biggest issue is what if he tells them he is flipping to UT, then stand us up at the alter again and this time we had a spot reserved for him? Can we take that chance and then end up with none?

Reactions: Mightyvol
In the commitment article on Auburn’s 247 page, Niebuhr says the parents were flipped to Auburn on the unofficial visit to see the Auburn-Mississippi St game. The official is what got Hardy. The article also acknowledges he was a silent commitment to us with a video shot, and we were in a good position after his official to UT when he set the commitment date.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I didn't think that one was too bad. I was more aggravated about all the people moaning on and on about how Gus will be gone and Hardy got paid and this and that. Just never really understood acting like that on a tweet about a recruit. He's obviously going to see it, and its not like a few random people are going to change his mind. Just puts a bad taste in the kid's mouth, like @vol4092 said
No need for it but focusing on it's pointless. If he was from Alabama and chose us in the SAME circumstances, the Auburn fans would act identical.

Seems an exercise in futility for perhaps nothing more than justification.

VN Store

Back