'18 TN DE Emmitt Gooden (Tennessee signee)

Yep. The saltier among us don't get overly excited about a marginal season because, well, we've seen it before.

"[Insert any coach's name here starting with Dooley] has done a great job in Year 1! He is having to fight off the locker room rot from [Insert coach directly before referenced one] and program instability! He'll get recruiting on track and get this ship righted!"

However, IMO, I will say that I haven't noticed the seeming quality in coaching since 2009. Yes, that coach.

You forgot the part where we panic after a 7-5 or 6-6 season that a more successful school with ambiguous ties to our coach are coming to snatch him up. We’re like a 35 year old man that can’t have successful relationships because we got dumped at an 8th grade sock hop.

Yep. The saltier among us don't get overly excited about a marginal season because, well, we've seen it before.

"[Insert any coach's name here starting with Dooley] has done a great job in Year 1! He is having to fight off the locker room rot from [Insert coach directly before referenced one] and program instability! He'll get recruiting on track and get this ship righted!"

However, IMO, I will say that I haven't noticed the seeming quality in coaching since 2009. Yes, that coach.
I think the difference this time is instead of locker room cancer and rot this team has come together.

This is where my head is at. And I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Bumphus could be sneaky good. Four star recruit, got offers from all the big boys for the DE role and Butch wasted him at TE. But while in that room I’m sure he’s gotten faster, and he’s got the size at 6’3 275
I wasn’t totally wrong haha

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back