'20 TN DE Dallas Walker (Texas A&M commit)

hope he comes in ready to play. interesting to see who the staff keys in on at seasons end.

we need plug and play.

Walker a take right now?

Don't have an X-Ray of UT's current board. I say no but communication has definitely increased between the two parties. He's definitely someone UT will continue to evaluate over the coming months. In a perfect world, he camps here this summer (ala Elijah Simmons).
-Simonton

This guy and Jay Howard out of Chattanooga McAllie both fit what we want defensively.

I hope both camp. Pruitt will take a hard look at them. He's much higher on in-state DL than the skill positions it seems

This guy and Jay Howard out of Chattanooga McAllie both fit what we want defensively.

I hope both camp. Pruitt will take a hard look at them. He's much higher on in-state DL than the skill positions it seems
Jay Hardy*** and Walker isn't a top priority. GGNORE

Latest on Hardy from RC:

Hardy, a four-star prospect, holds offers from at least 25 schools after adding offers from Alabama, Florida, Texas A&M, Georgia and South Carolina, among others, within the past several weeks. The younger brother of former Tennessee fullback Kevin Cooper, Hardy also holds offers from Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford, TCU, Duke, Indiana, Northwestern and Virginia, among others. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Hardy is ranked the No. 284 overall prospect and the No. 16 strongside defensive end in the 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class, where he's also ranked the No. 12 junior from Tennessee.

Dallas Walker made his first visit back to Tennessee in nearly a year Saturday, as the 3-star defensive lineman from Smyrna (Tenn.) is back on the radar for the Vols. The 2020 prospect received his initial UT offer from the previous staff back in 2016 but despite Jeremy Pruitt telling Walker last March his offer was “still valid,” communication between the two sides had died down.

Not anymore. Walker, a 6-foot-4, 296-pound defensive end/tackle, has been back in regular contact with Tennessee, mostly communicating with Kevin Sherrer, his area recruiter. The in-state prospect spent Saturday’s Junior Day getting to know both Sherrer and defensive line coach Tracy Rocker better.

“I really enjoyed the visit,” Walker told Volquest. “Getting to really meet and sit down with all the new coaches. I think they’re doing something special up there as a staff. I had been up there a few times before but I wanted to see what this staff is trying to build on Rocky Top. We went over how they run two defenses, the 3-4 and the 4-3. We were going over the defensive sets and calls they had. Where I would be positioned for each call,” Walker explained.“They see me as a d-end, d-tackle and someone they can move around. They told me they see me as a big part of the defensive front. They like my agility.”

Walker plans on returning to Tennessee again soon, either this spring for a practice or over the summer. He recently received scholarships from Va. Tech, Purdue and Penn State and wants to checkout some of those schools, too. Walker has already visited Memphis and Kentucky this month and will see Louisville (Feb. 22) and Purdue (March 2) in the coming weeks.

“I’m just going around to see different facilities, meet different staffs and see where I fit for my decision,” he said. “I plan on taking some officials in the summer. I want to see more at some places of what I didn’t see when I visited. Then I want to have my decision narrowed down before my senior season starts.” So where does Tennessee stand for the in-state lineman? “There’s a very, very good chance they’ll get one of my officials,” Walker said. “They’re right around the top of my list. I will definitely be back."

-VQ

Latest on Hardy from RC:

Hardy, a four-star prospect, holds offers from at least 25 schools after adding offers from Alabama, Florida, Texas A&M, Georgia and South Carolina, among others, within the past several weeks. The younger brother of former Tennessee fullback Kevin Cooper, Hardy also holds offers from Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford, TCU, Duke, Indiana, Northwestern and Virginia, among others. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Hardy is ranked the No. 284 overall prospect and the No. 16 strongside defensive end in the 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class, where he's also ranked the No. 12 junior from Tennessee.
Royal Crown?

VN Store

Back