'19 TN DE Bryan Aiken (Tennessee PWO)

Not wild about another blue shirt. 20 is going to be a big year hopefully. I guess we have to trust the staff evaluations on this one.

Reactions: Catbone
Not wild about another blue shirt. 20 is going to be a big year hopefully. I guess we have to trust the staff evaluations on this one.

I seriously seriously doubt he's a blue shirt. Based solely off the complete lack of recruiting profiles/presence, offers, or talk of on other forums.

I seriously seriously doubt he's a blue shirt. Based solely off the complete lack of recruiting profiles/presence, offers, or talk of on other forums.

If he's a PWO, that's a horse of a different color. I can remember Nebraska from back in the day having one tremendous walk on program. Combine that with some 'roid therapy and you have the Huskers of old. Hate to sound like a broken record, but as a fan, I have to trust the evaluation and decisions of this coach. His arse is on the line. If this is his choice, I'm fine with it.

Definitely not a blueshirt. Whoever wrote the synopsis is confused or the kid is.
Don't even have room for a blueshirt. no worries

I think the OP is a relative of the kid's or a Mt. Juliet fan. So I would take what VQ said about him being a PWO over what the OP said in this case.

Yes, Reggie and Bryan are close. They visited several schools together over the last couple of months including Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee. Here’s some pictures from S. Carolina.

Attachments

• 97D20A2A-1046-48A2-A10A-74417793C8EE.jpeg
    97D20A2A-1046-48A2-A10A-74417793C8EE.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 9B4534AB-CB8B-4300-85F5-BD4B162ACE97.jpeg
    9B4534AB-CB8B-4300-85F5-BD4B162ACE97.jpeg
    618.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Does anyone know what kind of language a PWO offer letter would contain? In contrast, what language a blue shirt offer letter would contain?

Whether he is being looked at as a PWO or blue shirt, I want to honestly reply to someone saying it may be a ploy to sign Grimes. It might be... If it is, Tennessee’s staff has missed badly on their evaluations and spending far too much time reading recruiting rankings and trusting them, as some on here do.

Reggie is a good player with a ton of potential. But as someone that sees both of them every day and has watched every rep they’ve both taken this past year as well as all of Reggie’s for the entirety of his career, Tennessee just signed the better of the two. You have to remember that Bryan only played football his senior year and joined the team last summer. He was not even thought of for three years... of course he isn’t on any recruiting service or anything. I’ll say this as well, when Woody Womack came to watch Reggie mid last season, he stayed all four quarters and he left the game talking about Bryan. Forget what Rivals and 247 rankings say. That’s for real.

And yes, Reggie and Bryan are close. They visited several schools together over the last couple of months including Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee. Here’s some pictures from S. Carolina.

Instant legendary status!!

Does anyone know what kind of language a PWO offer letter would contain? In contrast, what language a blue shirt offer letter would contain?

Whether he is being looked at as a PWO or blue shirt, I want to honestly reply to someone saying it may be a ploy to sign Grimes. It might be... If it is, Tennessee’s staff has missed badly on their evaluations and spending far too much time reading recruiting rankings and trusting them, as some on here do.

Reggie is a good player with a ton of potential. But as someone that sees both of them every day and has watched every rep they’ve both taken this past year as well as all of Reggie’s for the entirety of his career, Tennessee just signed the better of the two. You have to remember that Bryan only played football his senior year and joined the team last summer. He was not even thought of for three years... of course he isn’t on any recruiting service or anything. I’ll say this as well, when Woody Womack came to watch Reggie mid last season, he stayed all four quarters and he left the game talking about Bryan. Forget what Rivals and 247 rankings say. That’s for real.

And yes, Reggie and Bryan are close. They visited several schools together over the last couple of months including Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee. Here’s some pictures from S. Carolina.
Well he does have bigger arms. #armslivesmatter

So he gonna blue shirt or pwo? That's the question.

Mt. Juliet High School
6'4 - 245 pounds
DE

Played one year of football, very raw, but physical beast. Had 81 tackles, 5 sacks, 18.5 TFL and was the best defensive lineman on a team that also featured 2020 five star prospect Reggie Grimes. Aiken signed with Tennessee today as what is basically a blue shirt offer as he still needs a better ACT score and has some academic issues to work through. He will likely end up counting towards the 2020 class. Full offer, not a PWO, contrary to many reports today.

Thanks and wow! After watching his highlights, there’s no question in my mind that this young man is the real deal. He’s only played 1 year of football and dominated the competition. He’s a multi-sport athlete who plays with speed, passion, and athleticism. For only playing 1 year, his technique is pretty darn good. Kudos to his high school coaches. If you watch him play, you’ll see that he checks all the boxes.

He’s not a PWO and he’s not a “package deal.” The only question at this point is his grades. If he qualifies he’ll be on scholarship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type Orange+

VN Store

Back