TN DBs vs Florida QB - Game plan

Play Florida receivers tight coverage or loose coverage?

• Total voters

NomadVol

Does UT DB's play off and let Anthony Richardson get comfortable and gain confidence or should They play tight coverage and see if AR can beat them over the top?

They have to be multiple and have good eye discipline. :p

Play multiple.
Don’t make anything easy.
Make him think to much.
Pressure from different positions.
And if he should leave Banks needs to clean it up every time.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
I haven’t seen press coverage in 2 years, so I doubt we do this week.

I wish to hell we would though. A struggling Richardson could find his confidence completing passes against our 10 yd cushions.

Exactly what we don’t want.

He’s not exactly lighting the world on fire Tennessee needs to set the tone early and step on their throats.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
The main thing is to keep him in the pocket. When he gets out and starts making plays with his feet, that’s when he’s able to complete passes as well due to the defense reacting to him fleeing the pocket and leaving their wrs open. Id probably got a little soft at first. Drop back 6 into coverage, keep him in the pocket and see if he can read a defense and complete a pass. You risk him gaining some confidence if he hits a few but I think blitzing him out of the pocket where he excels is more risky. But I ain’t no coach so I’ll go with whatever they decide

Reactions: Rejo
Mix it up, keep him guessing. His confidence is already shaken, make him think, make him doubt. And when he starts to falter don't let up, put on more steam.

If you play press man, you're play into UF's hands. You NEVER want to get caught with your DBs and LBs running downfield with their back towards Richardson and give him a lane to get into open field. (See his long run vs Utah) You mix up zone coverages and zone blitzes and make him work it down the field while having everyone rally to the ball if he takes off. Richardson is not going to pick apart a zone and work it down the field. He can burn you with his legs or find one on one with a guy like Shorter and throw up a 50/50 ball vs man.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
For the love of god, I hope they cover the slant across the middle. That is the biggest hole I have seen at this point. The QB scrambles have been held more in check this year it seems so far...

Florida will throw that route too. Hit Utah with it a good bit.

Contain him in the pocket and be sure to cover his first intended target.

The other dbs need to be as far away as possible from the wr in order to catch the ball when it’s thrown to them after Richardson holds the ball for 3 seconds not being sure what to do.

VN Store

Back