'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

Travis Hunter is an exceptional athlete who has the capacity and ability to play both sides of the ball. That being said, football is a collision sport. The reason a guy like Tom Brady lasted so long was his lack of major collisions. I truly think that if Travis Hunter is played like he was the first game of the year over multiple seasons, his longevity as an NFL player will be shortened. I remember being 17 though and the feelings of invincibility. I hope these players are smarter than I was and consider their longevity

Last edited:
I assuming Boo has plans to play in the NFL after college. Players don't play both ways in the NFL. Long term for Boo, it would probably be wise to pick a side of the ball and get better on that side of the ball and go make himself a nice NFL payday. Don't let a college coach use you up playing both ways in college. Twice as much risk for injury, and twice as much wear on your body in a much more physical game than HS football.
100% truth.

What would you expect the kid to say?

“I like what Deon is selling, and I’m gonna go talk to him in person and see for myself” ?

The kid said the right thing. Hopefully he does the right thing. I’d say the chances are better he still signs with us.

That said - it’s certainly not a good thing that he’s going out there. Hope we weather it.
'Realistically, unless I get drafted and lots of things fall in place. I maybe have 0 other opportunities in this lifetime to get a free trip to Boulder, CO.'

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It is easy to acknowledge his physicals skills and the level he achieved applying them. Still, I don't like how he acted on the field, or his TV gigs. I particularly detest the way he dumped and robbed from his JSU gig and how he dumped a reported 60 or so kids from the CU roster. That said, I would not wish this type of physical plight on anyone. I will hope they can fix him up and he can fail in reasonable health. Rewarding high level snarky will only inspire more of it.
The new NCAA rules allowed him to dump the amount of kids he did. NCAA scholarships are now year to year. When a players signs a scholarship it has to be renewed every year now. No more singing scholarship packages for 4 years anymore. I learned this from when my son done a prospect camp for soccer at a NCAA D1 school. It’s now up to the coach every year if they want to renew the scholarship or give it to someone else. What Deion did was with in the rules. He just simply decided not to renew their scholarship when it was time.

Last edited:
The new NCAA rules allowed him to dump the amount of kids he did. NCAA scholarships are now year to year. When a players signs a scholarship it has to be renewed every year now. No more singing scholarship packages for 4 years anymore. I learned this from when my son done a prospect camp for soccer at a NCAA D1 school. It’s now up to the coach every year if they want to renew the scholarship or give it to someone else. What Deion did was with in the rules. He just simply decided not to renew their scholarship when it was time.

I just hope karma ends up costing him when the same rules allow the players to jump in the portal. Love to see a bunch of his better performing newbies get legally poached by some sweet and legal NIL deals. I also hope he slashes a few more of guys he brings in to reinforce that he was and will be legally ruthless and there is no reason for a player at his school to factor in any level of trust in their top man. Some serious what goes around comes around.

That is if they truly believe he will be around long enough or legally move up the coaching ladder. I truly believe CU will get legally Kiffined. Love to see some serious mattress fires in Boulder.

Boo even said he is 100% committed
Well you have a strange understanding of "100 % committed ".

There's nothing "locked in" about him going to Boulder this weekend. He's been twice already not including this weekend.

Beasley and Spillman are locked in, %100 committed.

Boo may still end up a Vol, but to say a dude is 100 percent committed while visiting another campus is simply denial.

Travis Hunter is an exceptional athlete who has the capacity and ability to play both sides of the ball. That being said, football is a collision sport. The reason a guy like Tom Brady lasted so long was his lack of major collisions. I truly think that if Travis Hunter is played like he was the first game of the year over multiple seasons, his longevity as an NFL player will be shortened. I remember being 17 though and the feelings of invincibility. I hope these players are smarter than I was and consider their longevity
But then you have to consider Travis Hunter and 99 percent of every other football player aren't trying to play 20 years of NFL Football.

Then more importantly his current head coach did play both ways in the NFL, at least for a couple of seasons.

No, i don't think he will continue this forever but who knows...

Reactions: MarcoVol

There's nothing "locked in" about him going to Boulder this weekend. He's been twice already not including this weekend.

Boo may still end up a Vol, but to say a dude is 100 percent committed while visiting another campus is simply denial.
none of these kids are 100% committed. there is always a chance any of them could change their mind for whatever reason. you just never know what is swirling around in the head of a 18 year old being wooed with all kinds of things he probably has never seen

Maybe he flips but I don't think so. We won't close up shop if he does, not much about 75% of Colorado is appealing to me but others like living in a wasteland I suppose. As for the team I've always thought of deon as a selfish pompous arse, but he so far is coaching winning football.

VN Store

Back