'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

From TN? I seem to recall a TN OL recruit that picked UK two years ago but can't recall who. Or are you thinking of Justin Rodgers, the borderline 5 star DL/OL recruit from Michigan who picked UK over us in Pruitt's last or second to last year. He plays on the DL but hasn't fully lived up to the hype.

Then there's also the Wade twins that Supercuts and crew pushed to UK. I really think that we only wanted one of them (Destin, I think) and we didn't want him bad enough to lie to his brother about possibly playing QB for us....and probably didn't think it was worth using two scholarships to get one player that probably wouldn't have been as high on our board if he wasn't a TN kid and even then I think he was more of a 2nd or 3rd tier recruit as a DB.

I don't think Heupel and staff has lost more than 1 or maybe 2 kids that they reallly wanted to UK and that was in year 1. We recruit a totally different type of player on offense and more elite kids on defense that aren't really considering UK. We will have to miss on our top positional guys on defense before we are really competing with them for kids.
Not from TN. It was Rodgers! TY! He’s the one that everyone said or hinted he had picked TN, but at the last minute he chose KY. Later came out he had shot a commitment video is why everyone was so confident. So you just never know for sure. Didn’t realize he was playing DL. He most definitely didn’t enjoy Neyland last year.

Not from TN. It was Rodgers! TY! He’s the one that everyone said or hinted he had picked TN, but at the last minute he chose KY. Later came out he had shot a commitment video is why everyone was so confident. So you just never know for sure. Didn’t realize he was playing DL. He most definitely didn’t enjoy Neyland last year.

Lol, no he did not....and got a gut punch the year before when we tore out their heart in the "Shootout at Lexington Kroger". I had a feeling that is who you meant. He is the only highly rated recruit that I think they truly beat us for. Even the idiot Pruitt knew that UT doesn't lose to UK and Heupel will own them for years to come.

I hope Rodgers regrets not picking UT every time we beat them but do hope he personally succeeds in providing for his family. UK had some mojo for a bit after breaking the streak against us and I have enjoyed them owning the Gators recently but I think everyone is starting to realize that they have peaked and even then only beat us I think twice in the past decade when we we were at our lowest.

At least they were runner up in the SEC East once before the upcoming conference realignment. Good for them and bless their little kitty cat hearts.

I remember a recruit on the DL named Oxendine who picked Ky over us, he’s the one I thought of when you brought up a player probably unhappy we beat his butt last 2 years..
It was the Rodgers I was thinking of with the story about he had filmed a commitment video with TN so everyone was telling us it was a done deal, but he changed his mind and committed to KY last minute.

VN Store

Back