'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

Grown men acting like middle school girls gossiping in the bathroom....good lord.
Not really. From experience following recruiting many of us have learned what red flags are in regards to recruits. A recruit being dismissed or leaving school is fairly high on that list.

So if this is something as simple as say a kids family not being able to afford tuition because a parent lost work or because they were dismissed from school for disciplinary reasons.....I used those two examples because they are extremes. It's natural to want to know. Maybe not the details but to know whether it was related to disciplinary reasons or something beyond the students control.

Whatever his personal situation is outside of football, there is a lot of mutual interest between Boo and LSU now.
People are going to overreact and blame this thread.

**newsflash**
It wasn't this thread.

Boo has a chance to play pretty much wherever he wants. He's going to explore his options. Tennessee is in the middle of something special. Hopefully he sees that and wants to come and be a part of it. But his choice will come down to wherever he feels most comfortable.

I don't know where the not attending school anymore came from. I didn't say what I had heard happened for a couple reasons. For one, out of respect for Boo, and all his people. For two, because there is always several different sides to the story and if you wait a little bit the truth will start to come out. With that being said, it might be starting to come out and I guess the person just wants attention. Not sure on what that person's goal is, but saying this right before the playoffs isn't a coincidence probably either. Story told to the teacher might've been missing some very important details. Not sure why you would want Boo out of your playoff game but people these days just want their 5 minutes of fame smh
Exactly! I wonder if we can get him enrolled quick enough to suit up for my alma mater this Friday?!
😎

Not really. From experience following recruiting many of us have learned what red flags are in regards to recruits. A recruit being dismissed or leaving school is fairly high on that list.

So if this is something as simple as say a kids family not being able to afford tuition because a parent lost work or because they were dismissed from school for disciplinary reasons.....I used those two examples because they are extremes. It's natural to want to know. Maybe not the details but to know whether it was related to disciplinary reasons or something beyond the students control.
At the end of the day, what does it matter? If the staff thinks he will add value to the team, will those that deem him not worthy to wear the Power T start a public crusade? It's a personal reason and should be left as such.

At the end of the day, what does it matter? If the staff thinks he will add value to the team, will those that deem him not worthy to wear the Power T start a public crusade? It's a personal reason and should be left as such.
If he wasn't an in-state recruit, it's likely that we wouldn't even know about his situation on this board (we still don’t actually know squat). No one has said that there are criminal charges involved, so this shouldn't even be a public matter. Of all the schools recruiting him, we're probably the only fan site discussing any of this. If someone else is, it's because they've been lurking on VN and I guarantee it hasn't caused a ruckus elsewhere.

Maybe but this is a message board dedicated to recruiting. Specifically this player. It's going to be talked about and people are going to ask why. I agree if the staff wants him I have no problem but to act like it's unreasonable for people to wonder why is straight bullshat. That's what we're here for...... News on recruits.

I have no idea of there are red flags here or not. Sounds like someone said he did something that went against the schools conduct policy to me. Whether it was warranted or not I don't know. But since it's there people are going to ask what happened, whether they or you believe it's personal or not.

If he wasn't an in-state recruit, it's likely that we wouldn't even know about his situation on this board (we still don’t actually know squat). No one has said that there are criminal charges involved, so this shouldn't even be a public matter. Of all the schools recruiting him, we're probably the only fan site discussing any of this. If someone else is, it's because they've been lurking on VN and I guarantee it hasn't caused a ruckus elsewhere.
I couldn't even find that he visited on Tigerdroppings. Much less speculation or worry about him transfering.

On the other hand, Boo being in-state will make him a giant hero if he commits to Tennessee. So at least it works both ways.

Boo Carter is a freakishly talented football player. He also has swagger unlike players we’ve had in a long time. He’s someone a lot of other kids in the class look up to. He’s a must get recruit in the 2024 class who also happens to be in state.
Agree with all this but if Boo doesn't want to be at UT, not much the staff can do about it. I'm confident they're doing all they can and recruiting him as hard as anyone. This staff is special and great recruiters and developers so it certainly won't be their fault if he doesn't end up in Knoxville. It's all up to him and I hope he commits to the Vols soon and recruits other top talent to join him here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back