From Rivals:

npcxr3taag6ecagqcu24

BOO
CARTER

UNDECIDED
6'0" | 180 LBS | ATH | 2024
CHATTANOOGA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
CHATTANOOGA, TN

Tennessee is going to be a major contender for the 2024 four-star athlete from Chattanooga (Tenn.) Chattanooga Christian School and his weekend experience in Knoxville could go a long way. There are still “a lot of schools” high on Carter’s list but the four-star loved the atmosphere over the weekend and feels like the Vols have the biggest fanbase in the SEC. He talked to coach Josh Heupel and secondary coach Willie Martinez and they had a clear message for him. “They both told me I don’t have to wait to commit,” Carter said. “I can now or whenever.”
If I was going to get a nickel,dime,or dollar for every jersey sold with my name on its big fan base is definitely a good business decision.

I know most teams are recruiting him as a DB and we need elite players at corner, but I hope we can haul in enough blue chip corners in this class and next year where we have the option of playing him on offense. He’s just too good with the ball in his hands to not be playing offense. Or maybe he can be like Adoree Jackson or the guy that stole Peyton’s Heisman for us. I just see so much DeAnthony Thomas in him and our offense is very similar to the Chip Kelly offense they ran. The only difference is we don’t run the option as much. He would be unstoppable as the pitch man in our offense though with our wide splits

Reactions: DeusExMachina
I know most teams are recruiting him as a DB and we need elite players at corner, but I hope we can haul in enough blue chip corners in this class and next year where we have the option of playing him on offense. He’s just too good with the ball in his hands to not be playing offense. Or maybe he can be like Adoree Jackson or the guy that stole Peyton’s Heisman for us. I just see so much DeAnthony Thomas in him and our offense is very similar to the Chip Kelly offense they ran. The only difference is we don’t run the option as much. He would be unstoppable as the pitch man in our offense though with our wide splits

I hope so to. I think Martinez has the ability to get some good CBs. But can he develop them? I certainly don’t have much faith in that at all.

Reactions: Stacmot
i love boo on offense, but he sure is clamps at corner. he would be so electric in this offense, but we really need lock down corners.
I’m not saying Boo can’t be a good corner but he’s only 5’10. I know someone will point out a smaller corner who’s been successful in the NFL, but this guy would be more valuable with the ball in his hands than he would be trying to excel in zone coverage imo

Reactions: JustSomeVolFan
I’m not saying Boo can’t be a good corner but he’s only 5’10. I know someone will point out a smaller corner who’s been successful in the NFL, but this guy would be more valuable with the ball in his hands than he would be trying to excel in zone coverage imo
on3 has him at 6'0

Boo is one of those rare talents that can be elite on either side of the ball. Elite cover corners are much harder to find than elite slot receivers.

Boo is one of those rare talents that can be elite on either side of the ball. Elite cover corners are much harder to find than elite slot receivers.
I’m just watching him and his “wiggle” and make you miss ability is uncommon. I’d really be shocked if was 6 foot, he looks at best 5’10. Again jmo.

I’m just watching him and his “wiggle” and make you miss ability is uncommon. I’d really be shocked if was 6 foot, he looks at best 5’10. Again jmo.
He's no doubt a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. He can also make a defense miss inside a phonebooth.. Those same traits you see on offense are also what make him a blanket on defense. A true lock down corner matched with the elite edge rushers we are acquiring is what leads to the elite defense we need to take that next step.

I hope so to. I think Martinez has the ability to get some good CBs. But can he develop them? I certainly don’t have much faith in that at all.
I need to see a few more games before I start really doubting him. Some people aren’t giving Richardson enough credit for his performance against us. He made some big time throws in that game and there were a few really good catches by their WRs. Florida has arguably the best DB coach in the country and we just torched their guys

Plenty of great DBs at that height. Don’t worry just let the coaches do their job. I might agree with you if it was only our staff, but everyone is recruiting him at DB.

I need to see a few more games before I start really doubting him. Some people aren’t giving Richardson enough credit for his performance against us. He made some big time throws in that game and there were a few really good catches by their WRs. Florida has arguably the best DB coach in the country and we just torched their guys
Martinez is bad. Has always been bad. Will continue to be bad. Surprised if he is still here next year.

VN Store

Back