'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

I don’t have any insider info or anything. Just seems like there is always drama surrounding him. I don’t follow recruiting closely so I may have the wrong perception.
Yea you have the wrong perception. Kid is very likeable and other kids follow his lead. Really good 2 way player but we need him more on defense imo. Glad he is in this class.

Didn’t realize such a comment would rustle so many jimmies - apologies
You didn't think that comments made that impugn a recruit with absolutely zero evidence or actual knowledge of the recruit in question would upset some jimmies?
Okay Sure GIF - Okay Sure Thumbs Up - Discover & Share GIFs

Our fan base... the best, and worst at times.

Reading how easily / frequently composure is lost here (while recognizing most present are adults)... John Prine's comment on his live album surfaces as a train of thought, "we know a mess of old babies in this world".

For a group that respects poise in players, we don't seem to have many fans that possess it.

And those that interact with potential players family on message boards, social media. No words.

There was a time when Vol fans were considered classy. Times they are a changing.

How is Boo any trouble at all to you?
In hindsight trouble was the wrong word to utilize bc it implies Boo is trouble. My intentions were not to imply he is a bad kid.

I’m generalizing here but it just seems like the recruits with the most drama surrounding them are the first ones to bolt. When you play a team sport and have a finite amount of money to spend, I just think it is a dangerous game to play (for the organization) to spend so much time, energy and resources on kids with most drama surrounding their recruitment, especially if they bolt within a year. And yes I realize the fallacy here in that I’m implying every high recruitment drama players hit the portal - it just seems to be that way.

Again my apologies for making it sound like I was implying he was a bad person or something. Those were not my intentions.

In hindsight trouble was the wrong word to utilize bc it implies Boo is trouble. My intentions were not to imply he is a bad kid.

I’m generalizing here but it just seems like the recruits with the most drama surrounding them are the first ones to bolt. When you play a team sport and have a finite amount of money to spend, I just think it is a dangerous game to play (for the organization) to spend so much time, energy and resources on kids with most drama surrounding their recruitment, especially if they bolt within a year. And yes I realize the fallacy here in that I’m implying every high recruitment drama players hit the portal - it just seems to be that way.

Again my apologies for making it sound like I was implying he was a bad person or something. Those were not my intentions.
My only gripe with Boo is him NOT having any real effect when he played against his cousin who's now at Oakland.

I watched that game, and Boo literally whiffed on 3 TDs his cousin ran in.

Play the game right! ALL THE TIME.

VN Store

Back