'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

I'm curious though...and you didn't address it in my last post, so I'll ask it again...why do you think it's illogical to believe a 5-10 kid is a better fit at WR due to his size if from that position he's more likely to be matched up against guys (DBs) who are more similarly-sized?

From afar, it appears that your argument/justification (that WRs are bigger than DBs) works against your opposition to my preference to play him on offense due to his size. Is he not at a bigger disadvantage playing DB against bigger players (WRs) where he often has to win at the catch point than he is playing WR against smaller players (DBs) where he can win in space and his size is of no consequence?
DBs have always been smaller than WRs.

WRs have the inherent advantage of “knowing where they are going”. DBs don’t know - they must be agile and fast enough to “flip and run” with the WR.

That usually translates to smaller, more athletic players at DB.

If Boo was 6’2” if he would be more well suited for WR.

Doesn’t mean he can’t play either. But he can only be more suited for one or the other.

Reactions: StoVol
DBs have always been smaller than WRs.

WRs have the inherent advantage of “knowing where they are going”. DBs don’t know - they must be agile and fast enough to “flip and run” with the WR.

That usually translates to smaller, more athletic players at DB.

If Boo was 6’2” if he would be more well suited for WR.

Doesn’t mean he can’t play either. But he can only be more suited for one or the other.
OK, so you seem to believe his being more suited for DB is based as much on athleticism and agility as it is size, or perhaps the athleticism and agility that tends to be found in smaller, more compact, twitchier athletes. And to that point, I'd say that's fair.

It is interesting to note that if Boo is 5'10", then he would be our smallest DB on the team, and only the second to be under 6' (Turrentine is 5'11") It seems like our staff has a profile for DBs, and Boo falls outside those parameters, but given how poorly our secondary has played, at times, perhaps it is time to try something different. 😄

OK, so you seem to believe his being more suited for DB is based as much on athleticism and agility as it is size, or perhaps the athleticism and agility that tends to be found in smaller, more compact, twitchier athletes. And to that point, I'd say that's fair.

It is interesting to note that if Boo is 5'10", then he would be our smallest DB on the team, and only the second to be under 6' (Turrentine is 5'11") It seems like our staff has a profile for DBs, and Boo falls outside those parameters, but given how poorly our secondary has played, at times, perhaps it is time to try something different. 😄
Well to be clear, my preference for him at DB is very much based on his agility and athleticism - not his size.

If he displayed the same level of speed, agility, and athleticism - but in a 6’1” 205 frame? I would still want him at DB.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
There are literally 1,000’s of data points here. We can slice the data to make it say whatever we want, we can highlight dozens of exceptions.

But DBs are not bigger, as a group, than WRs.

Are there a lot of 6’2” Safeties out there?
6’2” is the high end of the normal Safety range. It’s middle of the WR range. There are also different “types” of WRs. Safeties tend to be pretty uniform.

I feel like it’s more than likely going to happen. Kid accepted his Mr. football award with LV shoes and Shades on just like Deion would. We will be fine either way.
And it may happen. I just didn’t think this would happen after Deion has fired so many coaches and basically everyone has decommitted and they went 4-8. I mean it laughable at this point.

VN Store

Back