'22 TN CB Myles Pollard (Michigan commit)

The in-state talent for the Class of 2022 continues to be of great importance for the Vols as Tennessee made another Volunteer State offer on Thursday.

Myles Pollard.

He’s a four-star cornerback out of Ravenwood High School in Brentwood, Tenn. Standing in at 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, Pollard is the state’s 14th-ranked prospect and No. 24 nationally at cornerback.

“Coach Pruitt texted me and said that I had an offer,” Pollard recounted. “We then talked on the phone for a little bit. He said he’s known about me for a while and has been evaluating my film.

“He wants me to join this talented class in Tennessee this year.”

Prior to the offer, Tennessee hadn’t been in major contact with the prospect. The whole coaching staff followed him on social media, however, so Pollard had a feeling he was being vetted.

“He’s been recruiting very well and he’s trying to get the program back on the right path,” Pollard said of Pruitt. “We are just beginning the relationship-building process, but he is recruiting a lot of my friends. They have all said great things about him and that he really wants this class to be special.”

The friends being referred to are some of Pollard’s teammates on the 7-on-7 Tennessee Select team, coached by Shawn Banks. They consist of highly-touted Vol prospects such as

Ty Simpson, Dallan Hayden, Isaiah Horton, Jordan James and Cameron Miller.

“They have a lot of young players who can play,” the cornerback said of the Vols. “As they continue to develop, it will only get better. In the future, they got something there.”

The total offer count sits at 24 right now for the Brentwood, Tenn. native – with Virginia Tech, Alabama, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Penn State showing the most interest. Washington, who has yet to offer, is very much in play as well.

Pollard noted around eight of the programs are in the running and he hopes to release a top-seven or eight in early February.

The Vols will ‘probably’ make the cut, according to the prospect.

On Monday, the Vols took a major step toward completing Heupel’s staff by hiring Tim Banks, Penn State’s former co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach, as their new defensive coordinator. Pollard said Banks was his primary recruiter at Penn State, which gave Pollard his second offer in July.

“We’ve got a good relationship,” Pollard said of Banks. “I just think he knows what he’s talking about. They had a good program down there at Penn State — well, they still do — but when he was there, they had good players coming in there, out of there.

“That definitely helps with Tennessee a lot. He’s going to be a D-coordinator now, too. I mean, he was one of the first people to believe in me.”
-Callahan

“I know coach Banks and we have a really good relationship,” the four-star told Volquest. “What he says, it’s true; he isn’t fake. He coached at a high program and did a lot of good things.

“He’s one of the first people who believed in me, so that’s big for Tennessee.”

The cornerback and Banks talked frequently when the latter was still recruiting prospects to the Big 10 – roughly three times a week. That relationship, along with the good start for Josh Heupel, has the Vols back in the running for the Ravenwood standout.

“Tennessee was on the backburner for a little bit,” Pollard said. “There was too much going on there for a little bit, but now they are back in consideration. I like the new coaching staff. I already know and trust coach Banks and believe in him.”

Tennessee’s prior coaching regime offered the Brentwood native about a month ago. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound athlete is the state’s 14th-rated prospect. Pollard is tabbed as the No. 24 cornerback in the 2022 class.

When Heupel was named UT’s head coach on January 27, he immediately started reaching out to the state’s top-prospects. Even without a defensive signal-caller named at the time, Pollard was sill impressed and enjoyed beginning the relationship building process with the new skipper.

“We talk almost every day now and are on the phone about three times a week,” the prospect said. “He’s a cool guy and I like him a lot. When he hadn’t hired a defensive coordinator yet, he assured me that I’d like the hire.

“He told me to keep fighting for us because we will be fighting for you.”

Aside from the conversations, Pollard has done his homework on Heupel. He knows his football career and has heard how he relates to players well on and off the field.

“He knows football. He was a Heisman Trophy runner-up and tells me how he goes out and throws with his players,” Pollard said. “That’s what I’m talking about – he bonds with his players. That’s what I mean when I say he’s a cool guy and he relates well.”

The four-star currently owns 37 offers spanning across the Power 5 conferences. Pollard is trying to narrow them down and plans to release a top-list of some sorts in the very near future. Tennessee will likely make that cut.

“I’m a home-state guy and coach Heupel knows I’m one of the better prospects here,” the Ravenwood star concluded. “He really wants to put a stamp on in-state guys and that’s one of the reasons he’s pushing for me.”

Pollard is playing basketball for his high school this winter before gearing up for a final prep season next fall.
- E. Cain

Really an uninspiring top 6. Not a heavy SEC presence.

Gonna go ahead and dismiss VT because they suck and and Washington because they’re so far.

Michigan, strangely, seems to be recruiting our state well lately.

This kid has a ton of athletic ability.
And he's physical.

However, I watched 4 passes fly right by his head because his awareness was only on the WR. All 4 would should have been pick - sixes...

With that said, still have to recruit the kid. He'd probably start at any high school program in America.

Last edited:
Really an uninspiring top 6. Not a heavy SEC presence.

Gonna go ahead and dismiss VT because they suck and and Washington because they’re so far.

Michigan, strangely, seems to be recruiting our state well lately.

And Oklahoma seems to be recruiting our transfers well lately.

Last edited:
This dude would be fantastic addition to the secondary. Let's see if Willy, ,Mary , and Banks can reel him in.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The 6-foot-2, 175-pound Pollard said his top six now has become a top seven, with Auburn having been added to his group of favorites. But he said Tennessee is “making me a big priority” and talking with him “basically every day,” and he made it clear that he’s strongly considering the Vols.

“They stand out to me heavy,” said Pollard, who’s ranked the No. 420 overall prospect and No. 38 cornerback in the 2022 class and the No. 16 junior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “Home-state school. Heupel has been doing a real good job since he got there.

“I talk to the guys like Walker (Merrill), and he’s been saying the program looks like it’s changed around, even though he wasn’t really there when Pruitt was there,” Pollard added, referring to Tennessee’s freshman wide receiver from Brentwood (Tenn.) High School. “But he said they can definitely see a difference with other players, he said. It’s a big difference with Heupel there.

“It’s on me heavy. That’s why it’s part of the seven out of, like, 38 (scholarship offers) or something.”
Pollard, who received an offer from Tennessee less than two weeks before Pruitt’s firing, said he’s “not surprised” that he’s now hearing more from the Vols. He said he’s staying in contact with Heupel, new Tennessee defensive coordinator Tim Banks and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez on a daily basis.

“Heupel’s making me a big priority, so (we are talking) every day, really,” Pollard said. “They just like my size, my length and just my love of the game, really — just how I play corner — so everything about me, really. They just want me to know that I’m a priority for them.

He said he has been to Tennessee’s campus in the past, but his last trip to Knoxville was more than a year ago. He’s now considering going there during the ongoing dead period for recruiting, which has been extended through May 31 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, to take a closer look at the school.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back