'19 TN CB Maurice Hampton

The way LSU is bringing it is lessening those already sparse chances every week.
yeah, safe to say i was wrong about LSU this season. color me surrrrprised. didn't think O had it in him. so far so good.

We saw him at the Future 50 in December where he really struggled against elite competition. I think it's because he thinks he's a corner and he's not. He will move up in the rankings next time around based on what I've seen from him on offense this season, but none of it will matter since he will almost certainly play pro baseball.

-Woody Wommack

An actual QB has made a world of difference.
true, but he's not been THAT good. he's just not giving games away. he's not what i would call "dynamic". he's just not terrible, which is what has been LSU's problem. terrible qb play. the defense is still very good, they can still run the ball. now they have a qb that can manage a game, and not be a difference maker for the opponent.

if they continue to play this way, they'll win 9 or 10 games this year.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
Danny Etling wasn’t bad, he also only had 2 INT’s all year. The difference has been an improved defense that’s been setting the offense up and a completely new offensive look that has yet to turn the ball over

Reactions: LaagerVol
true, but he's not been THAT good. he's just not giving games away. he's not what i would call "dynamic". he's just not terrible, which is what has been LSU's problem. terrible qb play. the defense is still very good, they can still run the ball. now they have a qb that can manage a game, and not be a difference maker for the opponent.

So you're saying they're basically Bama light...

Well at least until Tua took the job..

What’s year is Burrow again? Can’t remember if he’s a Jr or RS Sophomore. If it so the latter, he may end up being pretty good beforehand his time is up at LSU. He’s only got 3 starts under his belt at this point.

Burrow is a JR.
So just this year and next then. Will ge interesting to see how he comes along. Mettenberger was just ok his first year and thee had a pretty nice Sr. season while he was there. If Burrow can do similarly, LSU might make some noise next year. Or at least be good enough to give Bama a headache maybe.

VN Store

Back