'20 TN CB De'Arre Mcdonald (Ole Miss commit)

There’s a reason parents and coaches want elite athletes to play up to their competition when they are children, instead of playing against their age group that are much smaller and worse than them.

Yeah like I said if you play with the best will be ahead of the other players with your abilities. After a couple years of college strength, conditioning and coaching it all washes out. The cream comes to the top.

Thoes players might play earlier but by the time college is over whichever has the most ability will be the top player.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah like I said if you play with the best will be ahead of the other players with your abilities. After a couple years of college strength, conditioning and coaching it all washes out. The cream comes to the top.

Thoes players might play earlier but by the time college is over whichever has the most ability will be the top player.
So you agree Uga produces better and more talent. Glad we agree

McDonald should not be a 4 star imo.

T Lee from Buford GA is better than him in my opinion.
Committed to Arizona State, and an xcellent CB. McDonald has great size, but he's not fluid at all for a CB...

So you agree Uga produces better and more talent. Glad we agree

What players in GA the last few years havebeen head above say a Jalen Ramsey, Tee Higgins or Mays starting for GA as a Freshman

I give it too you they do produce more. They have a lot more. Top talent is top talent no matter where they are from.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
What players in GA the last few years havebeen head above say a Jalen Ramsey, Tee Higgins or Mays starting for GA as a Freshman

I give it too you they do produce more. They have a lot more. Top talent is top talent no matter where they are from.
GA produced Dylan Wonnum, Jaycee Horn and Lawrence last year alone, year before that Fromm, Lecounte, Thomas, Terrell. They produce these types of players every single year.

Chubb, Roquan, Watson, Hyatt, Key, Kamara, Bell, Robert Nk(OM idk how to spell his name lol), Dobbs, Jarrad Davis, ect. It would take you 10 recruiting class to find a list even close to that from TN.

Kind of interested to see if he gets an offer this weekend. Surprised he hasn’t gotten one yet, as many as we’ve been handing out, plus his size.

Class of 2020 Tennessee defensive back De'Arre McDonald is one of the top players in the Tennessee, with offers from several major programs. But one offer that has yet to come his way is in-state program Tennessee, something that might change if McDonald has his way. The versatile defender was recently on campus in Knoxville for a visit and plans to return to campus to workout for the Vols coaches next month. Rivals.com caught up with McDonald to talk recruiting.
"I went to Tennessee earlier this month. It was good to talk to Coach Ansley and he's really high on me and wants me to come to camp and he said he's going to offer me once I go to camp there. They want to see what they see on film, in person. What they see on film is a ball hawk, a guy that's always around the ball, and they want me to do the same thing I do on the field in pads out there in a camp setting." "I want to go to LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Ole Miss and Clemson."
It's hard to believe that the Vols haven't offered McDonald, one of the state's best players regardless of position and a long defensive back that fits the mold of players head coach Jeremy Pruitt has recruited in the past. But after a spring evaluation by the Vols staff, that might change soon and if McDonald camps like he normally does, it would be a surprise to see him walk away without an offer.
-Rivals

Schools in mix for officials: Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, Tennessee

From with I'm hearing we have rubbed a lot of the in-state coaches and players the wrong way. Players like McDanold a high 4 star recruit should have an offer. I'm hearing that the staff doesn't respect in-state talent. The kids all talk, most are really good friends so it's going to be tough pulling some of the top talents here due to how they have treated others.

Last edited:
From with I'm hearing we have rubbed a lot of the in-state coaches and players the wrong way. Players like McDanold a high 4 star recruit should have an offer. I'm hearing that the staff doesn't respect in-state talent. The kids all talk, most are really good friends so it's going to be tough pulling some of the top talents here due to how they are treated others.

Funny thing is that I heard that same old $&¡7 about the last 3 UT coaches.

From with I'm hearing we have rubbed a lot of the in-state coaches and players the wrong way. Players like McDanold a high 4 star recruit should have an offer. I'm hearing that the staff doesn't respect in-state talent. The kids all talk, most are really good friends so it's going to be tough pulling some of the top talents here due to how they are treated others.
Pruitt doesn't offer kids based on star rankings. Some kids get offers based off film and don't need to camp to earn one from Pruitt. Others must camp to get an offer. What's wrong with camping and earning an offer? Why are so many coaches and players so entitled? Entitlement is a bad character flaw.

Looks like they may need to tweak something on the recruiting trail. Unless it really all going to come down to winning games this year

Pruitt doesn't offer kids based on star rankings. Some kids get offers based off film and don't need to camp to earn one from Pruitt. Others must camp to get an offer. What's wrong with camping and earning an offer? Why are so many coaches and players so entitled? Entitlement is a bad character flaw.

Two words
Double Standard
I'm just saying it's going to be hard to build a program when we can't even get the so called "Easy Recruits" that are in State.

Two words
Double Standard
I'm just saying it's going to be hard to build a program when we can't even get the so called "Easy Recruits" that are in State.
Pruitt will do just fine without entitled coaches and players near the program. If this kid wants an offer he'll go earn one. If not, UT will be just fine without him.

How did that turn out for us?

Not too good. Just saying, all 3 had the same approach. I’m not sure if that says more about UT’s coaches or the instate programs/players. It’s not like we can give all 25 spots to in state kids every year either, some will inevitably be left out and butt hurt. Maybe if we start winning again, we could start to develop the kind of instate pride/loyalty that Texas and LSU have where they can basically dump on a kid right up until the night before signing day and still land him.

Unlike Jones, I think Pruitt actually knows the game of football. His track record suggests he knows how to evaluate players, especially DB’s. Oh well, here’s to better results this time.

Not too good. Just saying, all 3 had the same approach. I’m not sure if that says more about UT’s coaches or the instate programs/players. It’s not like we can give all 25 spots to in state kids every year either, some will inevitably be left out and butt hurt. Maybe if we start winning again, we could start to develop the kind of instate pride/loyalty that Texas and LSU have where they can basically dump on a kid right up until the night before signing day and still land him.

Unlike Jones, I think Pruitt actually knows the game of football. His track record suggests he knows how to evaluate players, especially DB’s. Oh well, here’s to better results this time.
Unlike TN, LA doesn't have a huge influx of ferners. These ferners are entitled because they're better athletes then the natives and think the state school owes them. These ferners forget UT is a nation wide brand. TX is so large that the influx doesn't matter.

I find it funny that in state recruits think they deserve an offer from Tennessee just because they are from the state but have no loyalty whatsoever to the state or school. Any offer from somewhere else is "earned", and that school is working hard to get them. I really liked that Pruitt was selective last year with players he wanted and did not fall all over himself trying to convince players to commit to us just so it would look good. I don't care WHERE they come from. Get the best players possible that WANT to come to Tennessee.

Unlike TN, LA doesn't have a huge influx of ferners. These ferners are entitled because they're better athletes then the natives and think the state school owes them. These ferners forget UT is a nation wide brand. TX is so large that the influx doesn't matter.

I’m sure the same applies to plenty of our “homegrown” players as well. UT hasn’t been good at football their whole lives. Part of this is that the Vols program really has something to prove on the field this year. We’ve reached the point where both fans and prospective recruits have watched total crap for so long, they are going to have to see it to believe it. And part of this is that instate kids/coaches really need to respect the evaluation/recruiting process. Coaches may be willing to give a hometown kid the nod if it’s close, but If he’s on down the board, they are not going to move him to the top just because of geography. We’ll never get any better doing that either.

From with I'm hearing we have rubbed a lot of the in-state coaches and players the wrong way. Players like McDanold a high 4 star recruit should have an offer. I'm hearing that the staff doesn't respect in-state talent. The kids all talk, most are really good friends so it's going to be tough pulling some of the top talents here due to how they have treated others.
You heard wrong.

VN Store

Back