'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

I will readily admit I know nothing but nothing statistically nor visually jumps out from the kid when you see him. Also seems bama never thought he was good enough, Tennessee seemed to have cooled on him. Idk maybe they aren’t “experts” either.

Admittedly, I never saw this kid play, BUT I saw Derek Barnett play a lot of games against very good competition. It was very obvious watching him play he was the real deal, not just eye candy.

Hopefully we take him. It’ll help our ranking and if he sucks we can blame the coaches. Win win.
Personally wish we'd take him and move him to TE. Similar size and speed to OJ Howard, questions would be how good can he catch and if he could somewhat throw a block every now and then in the run game when he's in.

Reactions: de1conley

I did't realize he had dropped as much as he did on Rivals. He is still rated way too high IMO. He is going to show out without pads on there is no doubt about that because of his size and his athleticism. But he gets swallowed up way too often on the field because of his lack of lateral quickness, hands and pursuit. This showed during the season and much so in the UA game. He has the talent but is a project. Hopefully OU has some guru on LB or D-Line coach that can develop him.

Hey, I have been very critical of this kid's play. But yesterday he manhandle ever OL that stepped in front of him. I see improvement!!

He has been getting better got some tips and good coaching at the UA AA and Polynesian Bowl. Kid has a really good "get off" and works hard. It will all come together next level.

Not withstanding the past 35 pages on this thread..... Yes, he did not sign.

Most of these threads get so off topic it's crazy to scroll thru page after page to get an answer. Not all of us are the recruiting gurus such as yourself that can spend all day reading thru countless threads. Thanks for the answer but sarcasm is rarely appreciated. It's costs nothing to be nice.

I did't realize he had dropped as much as he did on Rivals. He is still rated way too high IMO. He is going to show out without pads on there is no doubt about that because of his size and his athleticism. But he gets swallowed up way too often on the field because of his lack of lateral quickness, hands and pursuit. This showed during the season and much so in the UA game. He has the talent but is a project. Hopefully OU has some guru on LB or D-Line coach that can develop him.
Hes a 3* at best. I think it’s funny how any 4/5* can finish the season with a total of 24 tackles.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I've watched this kid play in about 25 high school games, from his Freshman year, to Junior, then one game as a Senior. He's got the D1 dimensions and speed. To me, he looked better when he was a Soph. and then he seemed to regress as a Junior. He's still big and fast, but the on field play seemed to drop off around that time. He always struck me as a very polite kid. I do understand what everyone is saying about "pads vs. shorts". His Junior year, there were times where it seemed like he didn't want to play anymore. I really think it could have been a coaching issue, cause he transferred shortly after his Junior year. I am looking forward to watching him in college, wherever he ends up.

He's got the look and the measurables to add on to. I think the staff sees that but is trying to figure out if he has the want to.

I thought he looked better at the Polynesian Bowl than he did when I watched a game of his this fall. He was in the backfield several times.

VN Store

Back