'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Concerning because UA has had a lot of attrition on DL recently. Including top guys from the past two classes entering the portal.

Looking like Bama is about to fill up. Is Grimes a priority for them, who knows. But It looks like this is going to come down to us vs. USCe. They look like they're going to have a very similar season as us right now. I know some don't really like this kid but with the situation we're in right now I'd think he is a take.

Looking like Bama is about to fill up. Is Grimes a priority for them, who knows. But It looks like this is going to come down to us vs. USCe. They look like they're going to have a very similar season as us right now. I know some don't really like this kid but with the situation we're in right now I'd think he is a take.

Going to start at QB next year and prove all the doubters that say he is overrated wrong. 15-0.
Don’t ruin my dreams right now because I’m faded af.

no way he's not a take.

Reactions: BeecherVol
no way he's not a take.
Yes way. Don't know how it will play out. But there is unequivocally, no doubt a chance that he is not a take. Even in our situation you don't want to tie up a scholarship on a shorts and t-shirt, track and field all-star that didn't show any ability to translate that athleticism into actual production on the football field. You know things like tackles, pressures, sacks, forced fumbles. If they take him it will be because Pruitt or an AC has convinced themselves they see a button that nobody has been able to find/push and they think they can push it. Success rate on pushing a button that the kid and/or every coach has not been able to find/push over the course of years and years is VERY LOW.

Reactions: LittleVol
Yes way. Don't know how it will play out. But there is unequivocally, no doubt a chance that he is not a take. Even in our situation you don't want to tie up a scholarship on a shorts and t-shirt, track and field all-star that didn't show any ability to translate that athleticism into actual production on the football field. You know things like tackles, pressures, sacks, forced fumbles. If they take him it will be because Pruitt or an AC has convinced themselves they see a button that nobody has been able to find/push and they think they can push it. Success rate on pushing a button that the kid and/or every coach has not been able to find/push over the course of years and years is VERY LOW.

This is such an absurd take... even if they never turn him into a starter, he'd be quality depth and a special teams All-American...

Just because somebody's production doesn't match the borderline 5-star rating they've been given doesn't mean they can't play football at a high 3* level, which is a take here all day...

It's also a little disturbing how many people here just assume he got rated that high by complete fluke with no merit whatsoever... he's a 1-trick pony on the edge right now but it's a pretty good trick... and you can teach him more...

This is such an absurd take... even if they never turn him into a starter, he'd be quality depth and a special teams All-American...

Just because somebody's production doesn't match the borderline 5-star rating they've been given doesn't mean they can't play football at a high 3* level, which is a take here all day...

It's also a little disturbing how many people here just assume he got rated that high by complete fluke with no merit whatsoever... he's a 1-trick pony on the edge right now but it's a pretty good trick... and you can teach him more...
Talking about an absurd take. This is one.

Talking about an absurd take. This is one.
So if anybody is ever perceived by a bunch of clowns that know little to nothing about football mechanics on a forum, then that is clearly the truth of the situation and the guy could never be an average to above average college player... which is absolutely a successful use of a scholarship... and he clearly has upside to be much better than that...

...Completely absurd take :rolleyes:

You know the recruiting services have been catfished and ranked guys on no real merit before. It's clear they arent talent evaluators. They are pushers and sellers.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
No news on this kid after the visit ?
From RF thread:
From Austin Price:
Reggie Grimes sees Tennessee as a viable option. Loves the chances to play and come off the edge here. Says he knows TN needs pass rushers and that is very appealing. Still planning on a commitment in late November.

Probably not a take at Alabama right now. So if your main choices are uscjr or UT, both relative dumpster fires, then the choice ought to pick Tennessee. At least our dumpster fire is because of a rebuild/roster overhaul.

Play with all your friends (we're trending with a ton of the in-state kids)
Get instant playing time
All the benefits that come with playing for your state school
Plus we've got more history, tradition, better location, facilities etc than uscjr

VN Store

Back