'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

I don’t see Grimes on offense.

Hopefully Pruitt can develop him into a strong DE or LB.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I thought he played some of this last year?

Sorry, I know very little concerning what position he plays in HS. I have heard we were recruiting him as an athlete. That is not a typical HT for RB but yeah, he may turn out to be a good one at that position.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
Hypothetically, if you merely add Grimes, Baron and Hardy that would put us back in the top 15-ish with only 16 commits
yeah, the story is far from written on this class. i think at worst it's another top 12ish class, with a good shot at being well inside the top 10, if a couple wind up going our way that is.

and Grimes will be on defense. we need pass rushers and 6'5"/240lbs screams edge rusher.....or Cam Newton. :)

yeah, the story is far from written on this class. i think at worst it's another top 12ish class, with a good shot at being well inside the top 10, if a couple wind up going our way that is.

and Grimes will be on defense. we need pass rushers and 6'5"/240lbs screams edge rusher.....or Cam Newton. :)
Agreed, around 11-12 is where I think we will finish at.

Agreed, around 11-12 is where I think we will finish at.
and whilie that will get the "we need top 5 classes to compete with........" crowd riled up, that'd be two really solid classes in a row that you could really build on.....and keep having expectations going in the right direction.

i still say this year is probably a 7-5 type year. and while i think we could be better next year, the schedule sets up a little differently, and 7/8 maybe 9 next year? speculating heavily obviously, so i realize im asking for some latitude here...lol.

but that 2021 schedule, year 4.........i mean you have to look at how this class fills out and next really....but that schedule, with what we should have on the roster, who should be developed by then..........it certainly feels like we're building toward that being a year you could maybe realistically thinkg a trip to ATL is on the table.

ok, lots of latitude.....
:)

Oh yeah, i should have put ONLY* in caps. I imagine he’ll sign 23-25 guys, and after the way he closed this past class i have all the confidence in the world he’ll sign at least 3-5 top 50 guys. On the radar now we’ve got Smalls, Washington, Gilbert, Sewell, Jarrett, Reggie Grimes and Rogers. Am i missing anyone?

and whilie that will get the "we need top 5 classes to compete with........" crowd riled up, that'd be two really solid classes in a row that you could really build on.....and keep having expectations going in the right direction.

i still say this year is probably a 7-5 type year. and while i think we could be better next year, the schedule sets up a little differently, and 7/8 maybe 9 next year? speculating heavily obviously, so i realize im asking for some latitude here...lol.

but that 2021 schedule, year 4.........i mean you have to look at how this class fills out and next really....but that schedule, with what we should have on the roster, who should be developed by then..........it certainly feels like we're building toward that being a year you could maybe realistically thinkg a trip to ATL is on the table.

ok, lots of latitude.....
:)
Yup.

Eventually to compete with the Bamas/UGAs consistently you need the top 5 classes, but for us to get to that point step one is to beat Missouri/SC/Kentucky/Vandy consistently. Top 10-12 classes with good development/coaching will so that. Then we can start reeling in the top 5 classes.

Yup.

Eventually to compete with the Bamas/UGAs consistently you need the top 5 classes, but for us to get to that point step one is to beat Missouri/SC/Kentucky/Vandy consistently. Top 10-12 classes with good development/coaching will so that. Then we can start reeling in the top 5 classes.
i think this season is important for this year's class. i think they've done all the selling they can do. it's not like this staff doesn't have a good reputation. that's why they're in a lot of these top guys' "final lists" or whatever.

but these kids, by and large, have the option to go play for juggernauts right now.....so just knowing that those types of guys are looking at TN as potentially being in the same conversation as UGA, Bama, Clemson, OSU, Oregon etc....should tell most what prospects think about this staff.

the only thing we don't have compared to those other places is results.

we need some of those this year to close some of the sales pitches we've made.

do that, and we'll be fine. maybe not top 5 fine. but fine.

i think this season is important for this year's class. i think they've done all the selling they can do. it's not like this staff doesn't have a good reputation. that's why they're in a lot of these top guys' "final lists" or whatever.

but these kids, by and large, have the option to go play for juggernauts right now.....so just knowing that those types of guys are looking at TN as potentially being in the same conversation as UGA, Bama, Clemson, OSU, Oregon etc....should tell most what prospects think about this staff.

Don’t you dare put Oregon as a juggernaut! How dare you! Blasphemy!

Reactions: Paper_Towel

yep, time to walk the walk

We will see a lot of young guys playing a ton of snaps in those 1st three games. We have to get guys some experience quick for depth before the meat of the schedule.

VN Store

Back