'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

Ohio State is not a good football team. More of Urbans players were there the last two years. Now you see the decline. When they lose 3 games this season do you thibk hes gonna be safe ? There is a difference in talent level the two coaches recruited
They have lost 1 game to a top 10 team. Are they as good as they have been in recent history, no, but they are still a really good team that will probably go
11-1 or 10-2. CJ Stroud is starting to play well now

They have lost 1 game to a top 10 team. Are they as good as they have been in recent history, no, but they are still a really good team that will probably go
We will agree to disagree on them being a really good team. Lets revisit when playoff time comes ?

Hayden won't reconsider because of anything negative about tOSU. If he takes another look it will be because Heupel and the Vols give him a good reason to do so. IMO, 8 wins may get UT back into his head.... maybe 7 but I think 8 with all the chatter that would create might move him some.

Seeing what the freshman RB Henderson is doing at OSU is what will keep him committed there.
I doubt we get him, but I think having to play behind Henderson would be a negative. Henderson is without a doubt a proven talent. Our offense is putting up great rushing stats with a JUCO RB and a backfield where no one views our talent as top tier. He would have a much easier path to significant carries in a offense that puts up numbers at Tennessee.

Top tier talent kids don't think this way because they're not afraid of competition. I also think he genuinely loves his experiences with the program at Ohio St. Trust me, I wish we could flip him, it's just not likely at all.

Yes, but is he as quick as Garner? Garner had a quickness that was unmatched at the time. He could cut on a dime.
I notice cuts that indicate quickness from highlights. Untrained eye tho, so not sure of the denomination of currency.

You obviously know very little....... Ryan Day, if anything is an even better recruiter, if that is possible.. His classes have always ranked in the top 3..... The problem (if you can say that) this year is all the pure freshmen that are starting or seeing almost fulltime work , ala Denzel Burke, Treveyon Henderson, Jack Sawyer, JT Tuimoloau, Tyleik Williams, Cam Martinez, Stroud, etc. Most of their other starters are either RS freshmen or sophomores. Due to lack of experience and a bad DC who was replaced it took 3 games but they look like a totally different team than the first 3 games.... Incredibly talented and young team and most were recruited by Day. Talent wise they are just as good as any Meyer team.

Reactions: VolNash17
You obviously know very little....... Ryan Day, if anything is an even better recruiter, if that is possible.. His classes have always ranked in the top 3..... The problem (if you can say that) this year is all the pure freshmen that are starting or seeing almost fulltime work , ala Denzel Burke, Treveyon Henderson, Jack Sawyer, JT Tuimoloau, Tyleik Williams, Cam Martinez, Stroud, etc. Most of their other starters are either RS freshmen or sophomores. Due to lack of experience and a bad DC who was replaced it took 3 games but they look like a totally different team than the first 3 games.... Incredibly talented and young team and most were recruited by Day. Talent wise they are just as good as any Meyer team.
Assuming they have so many young players starting or playing meaningful snaps, would that possibly have any affect on HS kids wanting to go there and potentially have to sit for 2-3 years?

But yall calling me out for telling someone to get some sense lol. I never said they were bad, literally said they would only lose 1-2 games. They are a very good team, just young and with a questionable defense. And yes they aren't as good as they have been recently. They have been championship contenders every year of the cfp and top 4. Anything less is a step back. They will be back in the top 4 probably next year as they will be a year older and should address the defense some thru the portal

Reactions: volsfan_17
Assuming they have so many young players starting or playing meaningful snaps, would that possibly have any affect on HS kids wanting to go there and potentially have to sit for 2-3 years?
Unfortunately it usually works the opposite way. Top prospects look at it as they are willing to play the best players right away. It usually helps recruiting.

Legit question, and you may have answered this before, and I just missed it: are you a Vol fan, OSU fan, both?

Reactions: ChrisVFL
I doubt we get him, but I think having to play behind Henderson would be a negative. Henderson is without a doubt a proven talent. Our offense is putting up great rushing stats with a JUCO RB and a backfield where no one views our talent as top tier. He would have a much easier path to significant carries in a offense that puts up numbers at Tennessee.

Evans is better than Haden for now. Haden can put in the work but Evans is special. Notice it at first glance live. He will be a third round pick or better if he stays healthy.

? is will they develop them. That’s what it takes for sustained success.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back