'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

As much as I would selfishly love to add Hayden, I think if the staff does feel the need to get a portal back, I’d prefer a bigger back. Sampson is more lightning in a bottle and Seldon will be dealing with the shoulder issue. Lewis had his own procedure done but if healthy has nice size. So for spring that leaves Keith with Bishop not being the biggest back in the world

Reactions: TitanicVolz
We'll have to lose some players to get any portal additions. It'll be interesting to see who jumps in the portal when Spring practice is over.

So what happens if you were to add Hayden but Bishop and Keith decided to leave? Unlikely but could happen. I don’t see where he is worth the risk or roster spot. Seems like we could use OL in the portal.
In this new portal era, can you ever count in backup players not transferring? Probably can’t make current roster decisions based on the possibility of someone on the roster transferring. JMO

We pretty evenly spread the ball with the 3 RBs last season. And it was a run heavy season.

We’ll have 5 RBs- 3 of them 2nd year guys.

A true freshman (18 years old) led the SEC in rushing a few seasons ago.

We don’t need a RB.
We need to find our next Dee Williams- to flip the field.

We pretty evenly spread the ball with the 3 RBs last season. And it was a run heavy season.

We’ll have 5 RBs- 3 of them 2nd year guys.

A true freshman (18 years old) led the SEC in rushing a few seasons ago.

We don’t need a RB.
We need to find our next Dee Williams- to flip the field.
I think Boo takes and runs with that role.

Squirrel will have a say in the matter as well.

Dee Williams was very underrated in the overall importance of our team. We probably beat Texas AM because of his PR. He was always giving us good field position.

Would love to see Boo Carter with the football in his hands a little bit

Yep. I think we'll roll with Bishop and Keith. Just blows my mind that kids always seem to be injured right before spring ball and become questions for the fall. Why wait to schedule needed surgeries?
I think it's by design from the medical professionals and coaching staff to have their surgeries and procedures after the regular football season and allow them time to recuperate before the next one. Spring ball isn't the end all. These kids were injured during the football season which ended in January. Then evaluate and schedule...................right before spring. As it should be.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Keith not down. Only Seldon and Peyton Lewis, and they both expected back for beginning of fall.
Heard , can’t remember where that Seldon would probably be out half the season. ????
If not true then wouldn’t be too worried about taking another RB .
If true then I’d definitely want one.

Boo Carter runs and is very shifty like Reggie Bush was. I was watching a clip from one of his high school games at Bradley and needless to say he junked a guy and never lost a step. He has the ability shift like that really jumps out on film.

It's just the Spring. With RBs out, it will only give the new guys the additional reps that they can use to get acclimated. It will pay off during Fall camp.
Man if we ain't heard this same dumb sh*t every spring..See last year and the secondary injuries or may have been 22 idk whiskey memory foggy lol but i know I debated it with a few of the "Were fine it's just spring,come fall and the game is what matters".I'm wanting to say 60% of our secondary was injured and banged up and we got absolutely torched..So yea have in game reps live competion n is 1000% crucial..anyone who doesn't see this is an issue is just refusing to take there blinders off..

Just think about this we do not have one damn rb rite now that can pass or run block someone please tell me who the hell is gonna..we gonna run 5 wide jeep sweeps or wildcat the whole season...Or maybe we need more Sampson getting Nico lit up like Xmas vs Iowa??

Just think about this we do not have one damn rb rite now that can pass or run block someone please tell me who the hell is gonna..we gonna run 5 wide jeep sweeps or wildcat the whole season...Or maybe we need more Sampson getting Nico lit up like Xmas vs Iowa??
You aren’t Heupel. You don’t know what we have. Just stop with the silly.

Do you think we add a portal RB before fall?

-AP
Yeah too expensive and I don't see how it doesn't effect the RB room in a negative way. Someone could leave and we don't want it to he someone good. Who would agree to be a 3rd string back? Do we want to supplant Cam and risk him leaving?

I thought Bishop looked plenty good to be the 2nd string until Cam is ready. Keith was just ok, lot of work to do for him, but he still has a full fall camp ahead.

It was also really hard to judge them much seeing as the OL was totally overmatched. Nowhere to go all day. That won't be the case come fall.

VN Store

Back