'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

It’s not that. They’re being told by the “playoff schools” to commit now or they won’t have a spot later, and it’s working.

It’s such a beta mentality to buy into that as a recruit imo. If I was one of these kids and a coach told me that, I’d take them off my list completely. Because if I’m as talented as one of these kids my mindset is “I can go anywhere in the country and be one of the best players regardless. I don’t need Alabama/Clemson/OSU/etc to be good.” But apparently no major recruit in the south thinks that way.

I like you as a poster.

But you just sound butthurt calling recruits betas because they’re deciding to commit to other schools. Get out of your feels.

I like you as a poster.

But you just sound butthurt calling recruits betas because they’re deciding to commit to other schools. Get out of your feels.

Never said they were. But that mindset that “I have to go to Clemson or Alabama if I want to make it to the NFL, I have no shot anywhere else” kind of is.

Why would you go play for a coach that doesn’t actually need you there?

Btw I don’t really care enough about these kids to be upset about it. I’ve said for years the philosophy of any new coach should be to take kids that actually want to be here no matter where they are from, then win with those kids and others from the in state that usually wouldn’t pay attention will start to get the idea.

Never said they were. But that mindset that “I have to go to Clemson or Alabama if I want to make it to the NFL, I have no shot anywhere else” kind of is.

Why would you go play for a coach that doesn’t actually need you there?

Btw I don’t really care enough about these kids to be upset about it. I’ve said for years the philosophy of any new coach should be to take kids that actually want to be here no matter where they are from, then win with those kids and others from the in state that usually wouldn’t pay attention will start to get the idea.
OK, it’s not OVER until it’s over and he has not made a commitment to anyone yet. Still time.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
So you don’t think we should take transfers that we recruited out of HS but didn’t land?
No. I don't. I think it makes you look like you're the fallback option all to often. Maybe I'm old school but you are what you paint yourself to be. I realize that's probably an unpopular opinion.

No. I don't. I think it makes you look like you're the fallback option all to often. Maybe I'm old school but you are what you paint yourself to be. I realize that's probably an unpopular opinion.

In today’s day and age with the portal and the rule that will inevitably pass that players can transfer once with no penalty, it just isn’t practical.

Reactions: VolByLaw
In today’s day and age with the portal and the rule that will inevitably pass that players can transfer once with no penalty, it just isn’t practical.
Maybe not. I hate the idea of free agency in college football. That's just me I guess. Changes are sometimes good and sometimes not so good. There's been a lot of things that changed that have ruined it for me. Everybody looks at things differently though.

Also, I look at legacy recruits differently too. Are they obligated to go to pop's team. Absolutely not. I look at it similarly to the girlfriend that drops you for another guy time and time again you take her back. At some point you have to have some pride and let them pay for their mistake.

Hubbs and Co. have always been spot on with news. Maybe its me or maybe it’s not. But no matter who the coach was they’ve always seemed more optimistic. Maybe there frustrated w/ the admin. Or maybe these coaches arent recruiting these kids as hard. I’m sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Hubbs and Co. have always been spot on with news. Maybe its me or maybe it’s not. But no matter who the coach was they’ve always seemed more optimistic. Maybe there frustrated w/ the admin. Or maybe these coaches arent recruiting these kids as hard. I’m sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Was this supposed to be part of another conversation? Did they say something that makes one think they’re frustrated with current admin or not as optimistic? I’m so confused and I need answers

Just imagine how Ryan Day is describing the outcome of the NCAA issue to him. We have given our competitors the ability to say anything about the situation to any recruit we are after. To only wish that principles found in PR101 were used when it leaked to the media.

It's sad when you have to explain such things. The older I get, however, the more often it happens that way.
Me: <insert cool movie reference>
People younger than me: <blink> Ummm. <blink>
I totally haven’t seen that movie in years lol definitely a must watch again

Reactions: SSVol
I take transfers as players admitting their first choice was a mistake for them for whatever reason. Kamara made a mistake choosing Bama initially. Mays made a mistake choosing Ga initially. When a transfer performs well at his new school, it reinforces that the initial decision may have been a bad one for them once they lived the real life there. Same info, but my interpretation is different than yours. Both are valid I suppose.

VN Store

Back