‘23 TN ATH Max Carroll

Memphis area athlete Max Carroll chats Vols interest....
“It’s been going well,” Briarcrest Christian standout Max Carroll told Volquest. “Coach [Jerry] Mack and I have a good relationship, texting back and forth quite a bit.”

Tennessee offered the Memphis area native back in December after initially showing interest last summer. Carroll camped with the Vols back in June and has been invited back for a Junior Day later in the month.

“They really like my length and athleticism,” Carroll said of the Vols. “They like how long I am and my football IQ.”

free article for those interested....

VolQuest - Memphis area athlete Max Carroll chats Vols interest (rivals.com)

In-state Vanderbilt, Tennesse, Arkansas and Texas A&M have all extended offers to the 6-foot-3, 205-pound wide receiver.

Distance could play a factor in Carroll’s recruitment long-term. As of now, he’s taking things as they come.

“I want to stay a little closer to my family so that I can get home for breaks and stuff,” Carroll said. “Whatever feels like home. You’ve got to take the opportunity. If it feels right, it feels right. If that’s in the state of Tennessee, that’s great. The right choice is the right choice.”

- ON3

Is this guy a take? I know a lot of people aren’t impressed with him and the offer list isn’t great. I just watched his highlights though, and he seems to take pride in his blocking on offense and has a nose for the ball defensively. He may not be quite big enough to play LB or fast enough to play safety, but he seems like a smart player that loves contact. I feel like he could be developed into a solid depth guy after a year or two in a college S&C program especially in either a dime defense as an in the box safety or 3rd LB in a 4-3 defense against teams like Georgia and Kentucky that run more traditional offense where the TE gets used a lot

Is this guy a take? I know a lot of people aren’t impressed with him and the offer list isn’t great. I just watched his highlights though, and he seems to take pride in his blocking on offense and has a nose for the ball defensively. He may not be quite big enough to play LB or fast enough to play safety, but he seems like a smart player that loves contact. I feel like he could be developed into a solid depth guy after a year or two in a college S&C program especially in either a dime defense as an in the box safety or 3rd LB in a 4-3 defense against teams like Georgia and Kentucky that run more traditional offense where the TE gets used a lot
He's not a take at the moment

Is UT going to regret not pushing harder for this guy? I really like him

Decent speed. Good size. Good program. Idk……..
coaches know a lot more than me. Just saying…..
I would say no because of who we have coming in. I think he's playing TE at the next
level. And we're signing some studs there for 23 and 24.

Still this kid has got some skills. I'll be curious to see if the midtier SEC schools come calling after his SR season.

VN Store

Back