'22 TN ATH Kenzy Paul (Duke commit)

As Tennessee hosted its first camp for the month of June on Tuesday, the coaching staff also welcomed three-star athlete Kenzy Paul to campus for an unofficial visit.

“I’ve been walking around with the coaches and introducing myself to the whole staff,” Paul told Volquest during the visit. “I’ve been able to catch up with coach [Willie] Martinez and coach [Tim] Banks and they’ve been telling me and showing me what the program is all about.”

“I feel like these coaches are really into the program and really wanting to build it up,” Paul said. “Tennessee has such a rich history and these coaches are all about it, even though they are new. I can tell they are all working together and have the same goals.

“Tennessee offered me with the previous coaching staff, but they hardly ever reached out,” Paul said in the interview with Volquest on February 7. “I think I was just on the list. Coach Heupel and his staff reached out to me very soon and have continued to do so.

“I see that in Tennessee,” Paul concluded. “They are real.”
-VQ

A quality student-athlete and a fine, thoughtful young man, articulate in more than one language, that you'd love to introduce to your friends of any age.

If Tennessee wants to sign Kenzy, they'd better bring their academic A-game.
But if we miss on him this time, maybe he'll have a year of eligibility left when he's ready to start on his Masters degree.

As for his game... that will speak for itself this Fall.
--------
BTW: Be on the lookout for more talented Canadian kids showing up on the McCallie football roster.

Being as I'm a VFL, I really need to balance my objective post above with some orange kool-aid hyperbole:

Last year was a year of adjustment to the American game for Kenzy. Being used to the wider, longer Canadian football fields, last season he had to run all his routes at half-speed to avoid leaping literally out of the stadium.

Oh yeah. Total fact.

A quality student-athlete and a fine, thoughtful young man, articulate in more than one language, that you'd love to introduce to your friends of any age.

If Tennessee wants to sign Kenzy, they'd better bring their academic A-game. ...

Told ya.
In-state 3-star DB Kenzy Paul chooses Vanderbilt over Duke, others

Vandy got a good one! But we only have so much room at that position.

Squirrel White and Miller are definitely more talented than this guy.

I wish him nothing but the best at Vandy!

Vandy got a good one! But we only have so much room at that position.

Squirrel White and Miller are definitely more talented than this guy.

I wish him nothing but the best at Vandy!
I thought this guy was a DB?

Reactions: LittleVol

Against the #2 team in the state in their division, Paul had 2 receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown, and a jet sweep for 36 yards. But check out the leaping, one-handed interception at 00:39!

Tennessee's recruiting staff might want to question if Kinzy is too good for Vandy...

Against the #2 team in the state in their division, Paul had 2 receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown, and a jet sweep for 36 yards. But check out the leaping, one-handed interception at 00:39!

Tennessee's recruiting staff might want to question if Kinzy is too good for Vandy...

AP said he doesn't think we come back to him

VN Store

Back