'24 TN ATH Kaleb Beasley

de1conley

Not necessarily.

The Webb kid last class was a supposed future 5 star. Was 5'11 and He ran 10.8 as a freshma. committed to UT early. Ended up signing as a 3 star apb ro Va Tech. Howard was his name. Devrin Young was another one.

This kid is pretty advanced right now. Kids start to catch up during sophomore year, however.
@LittleVol Howard's issues were injuries but yes he was projected to be a 5* but he stayed hurt every yr. Also the projection to a different position caused the drop too. Btw he ran a 10.8 in 8th and 9th grd

LittleVol

Nothing better than good VOL Football
@LittleVol Howard's issues were injuries but yes he was projected to be a 5* but he stayed hurt every yr. Also the projection to a different position caused the drop too. Btw he ran a 10.8 in 8th and 9th grd
I'm aware of his injuries, but he also just peaked too early. I said freshman, but I forget those private schools can start playing varsity in 8th grade.

People were thinking he was going to be a 6'2 200 lb DB that ran a 4.2
You would think that would have been possible given how advanced he was as a 14 year old.
He never grew another 1/8th of an inch. from 14 yrs old till now.

Don't get me wrong, he was still a fantastic player. Especially when he transferred to Baylor.
Truth is he was faster as a 14 year old than he was as a SR. Thats nuts!

And then again...Devrin Young! Corey Booker! I can go on and on about it. It happens like that when you don't allow your body to naturally grow. Kids shouldn't touch weights until 15 or 16 years old imo...
The Redmond kid has me concerned too. I believe he starting to peak coming into his Junior year.

loosecannon

I'm aware of his injuries, but he also just peaked too early. I said freshman, but I forget those private schools can start playing varsity in 8th grade.

People were thinking he was going to be a 6'2 200 lb DB that ran a 4.2
You would think that would have been possible given how advanced he was as a 14 year old.
He never grew another 1/8th of an inch. from 14 yrs old till now.

Don't get me wrong, he was still a fantastic player. Especially when he transferred to Baylor.
Truth is he was faster as a 14 year old than he was as a SR. Thats nuts!

And then again...Devrin Young! Corey Booker! I can go on and on about it. It happens like that when you don't allow your body to naturally grow. Kids shouldn't touch weights until 15 or 16 years old imo...
The Redmond kid has me concerned too. I believe he starting to peak coming into his Junior year.
More than just age, what a lot of these HS coaches and personal trainers do is borderline criminal. So many have no clue how to develop kids. I talked to one the other day and I used the words periodization and CNS and he didn't know either term. Charges kids $50 an hour. All too common.

BTW, not saying that was the case with FYoung or Howard. Just poor development and poorly educated coaching in TN.

LittleVol

Nothing better than good VOL Football
More than just age, what a lot of these HS coaches and personal trainers do is borderline criminal. So many have no clue how to develop kids. I talked to one the other day and I used the words periodization and CNS and he didn't know either term. Charges kids $50 an hour. All too common.

BTW, not saying that was the case with FYoung or Howard. Just poor development and poorly educated coaching in TN.
Absolutey.

Wasted reps when you have an exhausted body AND mind.

And periodization is a pretty uniformed method to train any body type.

VN Store

Sponsors