'24 TN CB Kaleb Beasley (Tennessee)

Not necessarily.

The Webb kid last class was a supposed future 5 star. Was 5'11 and He ran 10.8 as a freshma. committed to UT early. Ended up signing as a 3 star apb ro Va Tech. Howard was his name. Devrin Young was another one.

This kid is pretty advanced right now. Kids start to catch up during sophomore year, however.

@LittleVol Howard's issues were injuries but yes he was projected to be a 5* but he stayed hurt every yr. Also the projection to a different position caused the drop too. Btw he ran a 10.8 in 8th and 9th grd

Reactions: LittleVol
@LittleVol Howard's issues were injuries but yes he was projected to be a 5* but he stayed hurt every yr. Also the projection to a different position caused the drop too. Btw he ran a 10.8 in 8th and 9th grd
I'm aware of his injuries, but he also just peaked too early. I said freshman, but I forget those private schools can start playing varsity in 8th grade.

People were thinking he was going to be a 6'2 200 lb DB that ran a 4.2
You would think that would have been possible given how advanced he was as a 14 year old.
He never grew another 1/8th of an inch. from 14 yrs old till now.

Don't get me wrong, he was still a fantastic player. Especially when he transferred to Baylor.
Truth is he was faster as a 14 year old than he was as a SR. Thats nuts!

And then again...Devrin Young! Corey Booker! I can go on and on about it. It happens like that when you don't allow your body to naturally grow. Kids shouldn't touch weights until 15 or 16 years old imo...
The Redmond kid has me concerned too. I believe he starting to peak coming into his Junior year.

Reactions: de1conley
I'm aware of his injuries, but he also just peaked too early. I said freshman, but I forget those private schools can start playing varsity in 8th grade.

People were thinking he was going to be a 6'2 200 lb DB that ran a 4.2
You would think that would have been possible given how advanced he was as a 14 year old.
He never grew another 1/8th of an inch. from 14 yrs old till now.

Don't get me wrong, he was still a fantastic player. Especially when he transferred to Baylor.
Truth is he was faster as a 14 year old than he was as a SR. Thats nuts!

And then again...Devrin Young! Corey Booker! I can go on and on about it. It happens like that when you don't allow your body to naturally grow. Kids shouldn't touch weights until 15 or 16 years old imo...
The Redmond kid has me concerned too. I believe he starting to peak coming into his Junior year.
More than just age, what a lot of these HS coaches and personal trainers do is borderline criminal. So many have no clue how to develop kids. I talked to one the other day and I used the words periodization and CNS and he didn't know either term. Charges kids $50 an hour. All too common.

BTW, not saying that was the case with FYoung or Howard. Just poor development and poorly educated coaching in TN.

Reactions: LittleVol
More than just age, what a lot of these HS coaches and personal trainers do is borderline criminal. So many have no clue how to develop kids. I talked to one the other day and I used the words periodization and CNS and he didn't know either term. Charges kids $50 an hour. All too common.

BTW, not saying that was the case with FYoung or Howard. Just poor development and poorly educated coaching in TN.
Absolutey.

Wasted reps when you have an exhausted body AND mind.

And periodization is a pretty uniformed method to train any body type.

“I’ve been working on my speed all this summer,” said Beasley, who added that he was hand-timed at 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash in June during a camp at N.C. State. “That definitely showed up, and my DB stuff in general — breaking on the ball, learning how to go fast and stop, stuff like that.”

Former Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff gave Beasley his second offer on Dec. 30, eight days after he picked up his first offer from Ole Miss. First-year Vols coach Josh Heupel’s staff reaffirmed his previous offer from Tennessee in late April.

Beasley said he was born and raised in the Nashville area, and he grew up liking the Vols. But he hasn’t gotten a chance to visit Tennessee’s campus yet. He’s planning to change that sometime this season.

“I was about to come down there (in June), but we had a game, so I couldn’t go,” Beasley said. “I haven’t visited. … I know I’m going down there for a game. I don’t know what game, but I already talked to all the coaches. I’m going down there for a game, though, definitely.”

Some of the Vols’ coaches got a chance to see him in person during Tennessee State’s Roar City Mega Camp in June. He said he didn’t get a chance to talk with Heupel’s staff during the camp, but he said he has received positive feedback from Tennessee.

“They like my size,” Beasley said. “They know I’m big. They like my size.

“They like my coaching staff here,” he added, referring to Lipscomb coach Trent Dilfer, a former Super Bowl champion quarterback. “That’s a big part of my recruitment. College coaches know I have a great coaching staff, so I’m going to be disciplined and all that stuff. That’s a big part of it.”

While Beasley said he views his recruitment as “a business thing,” he added that he has liked Tennessee for years. He said he likes what he has seen from the Vols so far under Heupel, too.

“I was a Tennessee fan,” he said. “My dad liked Tennessee, so I was like, ‘I’ve got to be a Tennessee fan’ — those type things. … They’ve got a new coaching staff. Since that, they’ve been going up. They’ve been skyrocketing.”

The Vols also are appealing to him, he said, because of the chance to stay in-state.

“I’m not trying to stay close to home, but I’m trying to stay close to home,” Beasley said with a laugh.
-Callahan

Seems like a recruitment where as long as we don’t f it up majorly on the field or with the kid personally then he should be a Vol.

Seems like a recruitment where as long as we don’t f it up majorly on the field or with the kid personally then he should be a Vol.

This is not a F*** it up staff. They've been persistent with guys when it comes to saying "hey come meet us and see what we're about". As I have said before they just have nothing to sell at the moment. Heup, Shack, and Kodi have been in our ear as has Banks, Garner, and BJM but it's up to the kids. Right now the bigger brands are winning and prevailing. What a lot of kids from here to TX to Michigan are saying is they just don't know them and they've seen and heard the same message before. So I think many are waiting on an on-field product. The pendulum is not swinging either way right now but in the middle.

This is not a F*** it up staff. They've been persistent with guys when it comes to saying "hey come meet us and see what we're about". As I have said before they just have nothing to sell at the moment. Heup, Shack, and Kodi have been in our ear as has Banks, Garner, and BJM but it's up to the kids. Right now the bigger brands are winning and prevailing. What a lot of kids from here to TX to Michigan are saying is they just don't know them and they've seen and heard the same message before. So I think many are waiting on an on-field product. The pendulum is not swinging either way right now but in the middle.
Wasn’t implying they were an “f it up” staff. Just saying the kid seems to like the Vols quite a bit. By the time his class comes around, as long as we are showing progress on the field and have a solid rep on the recruiting trail, it sounds like he’ll be ours to lose.

Wasn’t implying they were an “f it up” staff. Just saying the kid seems to like the Vols quite a bit. By the time his class comes around, as long as we are showing progress on the field and have a solid rep on the recruiting trail, it sounds like he’ll be ours to lose.
I'm not going to assume anything here just because he speaks highly of us. He is going to be one of the top corners in his class so he will be hearing from all the top schools. Already hearing a lot from UGA, Michigan, Florida who have extended legit offers to him along with the Vols

VN Store

Back