'21 TN ATH Javin Burke

First thing I have seen on this? Bradley Central QB. Has a cannon of an arm and very fast duel threat. Does get rattled easy at times.

Reactions: RollerVol
He is twin brothers with WR/CB Javon Burke, and step brothers with Tray Curry, who already holds a UT offer. Bradley’s offense was fun to watch this year and will be next as well.

He is twin brothers with WR/CB Javon Burke, and step brothers with Tray Curry, who already holds a UT offer. Bradley’s offense was fun to watch this year and will be next as well.
Yes I know this. Defense needs major work

Last edited:
Their defense should improve next year when middle linebacker Kins Hooper returns. (Out with injury this past year)
Would that be Kenny Hooper's son, grandson? Just wondering, since Kenny went to Mississippi, he might carry on the family tradition.

Would that be Kenny Hooper's son, grandson? Just wondering, since Kenny went to Mississippi, he might carry on the family tradition.

I think one of the main reasons Kenny Hooper played at Ole Miss was that Steve Sloan was the Head Coach there at the time. My Mom graduated with Steve Sloan in 1962 from Bradley.

I think one of the main reasons Kenny Hooper played at Ole Miss was that Steve Sloan was the Head Coach there at the time. My Mom graduated with Steve Sloan in 1962 from Bradley.

You are correct, Kinny was tight with Sloan. He was a heckuva ballplayer, I played pony league baseball with him and he was just a monster athlete. And super fast at 200+ lbs.

Your mom probably knows my oldest sister, she graduated in 1964. Steve Sloan was our neighbor, and his mom lived there until she passed away (I think).

Reactions: Ledzepvol
You are correct, Kinny was tight with Sloan. He was a heckuva ballplayer, I played pony league baseball with him and he was just a monster athlete. And super fast at 200+ lbs.

Your mom probably knows my oldest sister, she graduated in 1964. Steve Sloan was our neighbor, and his mom lived there until she passed away (I think).

I'm younger, graduated from Bradley, class of 1985. I had an older cousin that played football at Bradley, he was a WR, class of 1973. I never got the chance to play football at Bradley, because I wound up getting a hernia the size of a baseball in my lower abdominal/groin area when I was around 12, from playing football. Played baseball until high school. Dr. Johnson did my hernia surgery and told me to quit football, it was so bad. My Dad went to Bradley as well, class of 1956. He just passed away in April of this year. Anyway, do you still live in Cleveland?

He's a future WR.. If you guys are available this Sunday come out to NPA for the Dream Team 7on7 tryouts. All the Top athletes are supposed to attend from East, West and Middle TN including this kid. It starts at 1 pm at Father Ryan High School.

Reactions: T Dog and Vfl83
I'm younger, graduated from Bradley, class of 1985. I had an older cousin that played football at Bradley, he was a WR, class of 1973. I never got the chance to play football at Bradley, because I wound up getting a hernia the size of a baseball in my lower abdominal/groin area when I was around 12, from playing football. Played baseball until high school. Dr. Johnson did my hernia surgery and told me to quit football, it was so bad. My Dad went to Bradley as well, class of 1956. He just passed away in April of this year. Anyway, do you still live in Cleveland?

I grew up in Cleveland (CHS class of 78), and have worked here for 25+ years. I lived in Hamilton County for about 14 years until I moved back about a year ago. I'm sure we know a lot of the same people.

Go Bears! Class of ‘96 here. I’m certain Javin projects as an athlete instead of QB. And word I have heard through the Bradley folks is that Tray Curry is best suited as a DB in college. Maybe some of you other BC people can speak to that.

Yes it is Kenny’s son and he was doing great at middle linebacker his sophomore year. Good size, great speed and linebacker mentality! Looking forward to to seeing him back on the field next year for his senior season.

Go Bears! Class of ‘96 here. I’m certain Javin projects as an athlete instead of QB. And word I have heard through the Bradley folks is that Tray Curry is best suited as a DB in college. Maybe some of you other BC people can speak to that.
Kid will never play DB in college. He is a Wr all the way

VN Store

Back