'20 TN ATH Elijah Young (Missouri Commit)

He will absolutely find a spot. He's a legit baller. AP said Swain's show this morning that Young answered a lot of the questions he had about him personally and what scouts and such had about him. He won the Mr. Football award, too.

Young is a speedster who was dynamic despite South-Doyle losing their stud QB for most of the season. Teams knew he was getting the ball 80% of the time and still couldn't stop him.

He will absolutely find a spot. He's a legit baller. AP said Swain's show this morning that Young answered a lot of the questions he had about him personally and what scouts and such had about him. He won the Mr. Football award, too.

Young is a speedster who was dynamic despite South-Doyle losing their stud QB for most of the season. Teams knew he was getting the ball 80% of the time and still couldn't stop him.
I watched them in person and the qb was no stud. Young was as advertised though.

Reactions: gunner
I watched them in person and the qb was no stud. Young was as advertised though.

Agreed. I have seen him in person a few times the last couple of seasons, he’s tough, fast and very physical.

But, what game did you watch SD play? Because their Senior QB got hurt very early in the season and the younger QB played after the Anderson County game, they weren’t the same team without their Senior QB.

I think he will be a really good player for someone. But not sure he's a take

I think he will be a really good player for someone. But not sure he's a take
I’ve seen enough football over the years to know this kid can play. Can he play at UT? Certainly has the toughness and speed.

Reactions: DAVOL
Agreed. I have seen him in person a few times the last couple of seasons, he’s tough, fast and very physical.

But, what game did you watch SD play? Because their Senior QB got hurt very early in the season and the younger QB played after the Anderson County game, they weren’t the same team without their Senior QB.
Central game in state quarters. It was post injury but he was playing without a limp so I assume he was pretty healthy. Central has outstanding defense but all SD has on offense is Young. They had another good looking athlete but they couldn't get him the ball.

Last edited:
Central game in state quarters. It was post injury but he was playing without a limp so I assume he was pretty healthy. Central has outstanding defense but all SD has on offense is Young. They had another good looking athlete but they couldn't get him the ball.
I could be mistaken but I think SD senior QB got knocked out for the rest of the season when he got hurt.

He got kicked out of the Seymour game after the first series. I have no idea why and I am not saying he is a bad kid. I was just hoping to see him, but didn't get to. They were lost without him. Seymour won 7-3.

Reactions: Buck Naked
I don't think the issue for him is having a spot. It's finding somewhere he's comfortable with (reach out, take visits, etc) in like two weeks after thinking the process was over. Crappy situation.

Reactions: JacketVol
He got kicked out of the Seymour game after the first series. I have no idea why and I am not saying he is a bad kid. I was just hoping to see him, but didn't get to. They were lost without him. Seymour won 7-3.
There were A LOT of questionable calls in favor of Seymour that night.

You can see all or most of his games in a single camera replay by a local company that does a bunch of HS this way. I checked this game and not sure how early the penalty was, but the tape starts with SD leading 3-0. But you can catch his season at

If you want to see him in action you can watch all or most of his games on a local site in a one camera format. Go to diamondclearmedia.com and they are the last team listed. I don't know why but this game starts with SD leading three nothing... But most of their action is there... not sure how early he got tossed.

Not sure it was him, but one of the talking heads locally also said on the radio that somebody that got tossed for targeting had the call appealed and it got overturned. This one??? Don't know.

Reactions: drvenner

VN Store

Back