'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

This kid has the tools to be a heck of a football player. Obviously Pruitt and team liked what he saw in camp. Lots of fast twitch, and he can be coached up to play on either side of the ball. Personally, I think the he could project as a ball-hawking safety and play the star/money position.

The thing is, I'm not proclaiming the kid to be a future All American; you consistently sh*t on lower-ranked kids solely because of a arbitrary star rating. Big difference.

Over the years, most of these lower ranked kids either don't contribute in 4 years, or they leave after a year or two. They could've went to a lesser school and really stood out.

Reactions: vettefool
Over the years, most of these lower ranked kids either don't contribute in 4 years, or they leave after a year or two. They could've went to a lesser school and really stood out.

Not trying to jump on you, but where is your evidence for this statement?

If he's ranked a 4 star, 5 months from now will he all of sudden have become "better"?

This kid has measurables and production. The coaches offered him on the spot just like Roman Harrison last year, who ended up as a defensive POY in high competition Georgia.

Can you honestly EXPLAIN why this kid isn't a 4 star?
Let's start there.

Last edited:
I was thinking this guy was a wide receiver, but yeah after reading the latest pub on him, considering his size at his age now, and our staffs propensity to put offensive athletes on defense... I'm not thinking like others than he ends up on defense.
Yeah they said he caught everything, powered through each catch. I have been saying for couple years we need some WR that can catch the darned ball. I could see him starting there next year.

I'm personally not going to question any commitment taken early by Pruitt until it is clear that I should. Every single argument that references a history where Pruitt wasn't the coach is meaningless. I will guarantee that there are more HS football programs that do it wrong than do it right, so there is likely a crap-ton of quality (undeveloped) prospects among the under-recruited. I have yet to see any evidence that Pruitt's evals are bad, and have seen considerable evidence that the man knows talent. Yes, it remains to be seen, but if you can't see the difference between Butch's low ranked guys and Pruitt's you are willfully ignorant.

Yeah they said he caught everything, powered through each catch. I have been saying for couple years we need some WR that can catch the darned ball. I could see him starting there next year.
that's exactly what I've been saying my entire life. If you can't catch the ball, you can't be a receiver. We goofed hard by not informing the current and previous administrations.

Reactions: T Dog
So....no possible way one of the omniscient ratings services could miss out on an athlete that hasn't been to one of their camps, is from a small school, and they don't know much about. Could be a dud, could be great. Most on here laud Tee Martin's recruiting and talent development skills. I trust his and the rest of the Offensive staff's evaluation myself. If they see something, I will let them make the decision.

That’s always a possibility. I hope he turns out very good. It will be interesting to see if he gets more offers.

Reactions: LittleVol
That’s always a possibility. I hope he turns out very good. It will be interesting to see if he gets more offers.

I look at offers opposed to stars.
His low exposure is the reason for few offers imo. It's still happens where kids get over looked because of their location.
I agree it will be interesting.

I think he ends up with a few SEC offers by the end of the year. Kid can play anywhere from WDE to SS depending on the defense.

Nothing wrong with a little scepticism.
But I'm very comfortable with this pick up.

Problem with that is that he does not appear to have a propensity for hitting. Would much rather have this kid on Offense. Every athlete is not made to play defense. Either you like hitting or you don't.

I don't know much about kid, so you may be right. But the way his HS coach describes his play on defense, he may work out fine there. Either way, it seems like the kid has potential on both sides of the ball. It should be fun to watch how he develops.

** "On defense, he bring much more impact to a tackle than you would think. You think a stick of dynamite because when he hits someone they are blowing up. His closing speed is pretty unbelievable. He goes from 0-100 really fast. He's a strong explosive kid in his lower body just like his upper body."
— Haywood head coach Chris Smith

Problem with that is that he does not appear to have a propensity for hitting. Would much rather have this kid on Offense. Every athlete is not made to play defense. Either you like hitting or you don't.

I hope to see Williamson playing WR, because he takes pride in catching the ball, not because he can't play defense. Didn't I see a stat crediting him with seventy tackles? Not saying I know he brings the wood, but haven't seen any reason to think he doesn't. Check above post quoting his HS coach about him hitting like "dynamite."

Last edited:
It amazes me how a staff can see the recruit up close and in action and offer him a schollie, but some are more worried about why the services don't have him higher. Bottom line is I trust a sec coaches evaluation on any kid over a freakin recruiting service 100 out of a 100 times, it's not even close. GBO!!!!!

It amazes me how a staff can see the recruit up close and in action and offer him a schollie, but some are more worried about why the services don't have him higher. Bottom line is I trust a sec coaches evaluation on any kid over a freakin recruiting service 100 out of a 100 times, it's not even close. GBO!!!!!
giphy.gif

I trust this staff with evals, but Dooley and Jones didn’t have a clue. At least this staff has been there at other programs and seen winning.

Butch tried to say he had the best staff in America aka a bunch of Bald White Dudes. What a joke, people should really feel sorry for Tn fans for what we’ve gone through.

VN Store

Back