'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

Quit trying to give this dude from my hometown the git shirt. I trust Pruitt will make the right decision.

Sorry T Dog, but our staff hasn't been in contact with him as much. Williamson I'm talking about...

Not saying it's not an important position but you cannot sit here and tell me you'd rather have a long snapper than 2 pass rushers which we really need. I see what y'all are saying but the fact is, is that it's just not as important as having a good dynamic pass rusher, and no one could convince me otherwise.
Well hell yeah, everyone is going to want the impact players. That said it’s a highly important position and games are won or loss at that position. Why do you think major programs elect to use initial counters on the position?

And we've had a botched/almost botched long snap in each of the last 4 games. The one against Mizzou could've cost us the damn game if he hadn't managed to bobble it back into control, to get the punt off.
Thank goodness he did but if we'd lost instead..., bet ol Albright's popularity would've shot way up.

Yep. And there were also bad snaps on the missed FGs. All of those bad snaps were by initial counter, #1 ranked Long Snapper in his class Riley Lovingood...who was only the punt long snapper until this year because a walk-on handled kicks.

Look, no one is disputing the importance of a good long snapper. It's just that there are plenty of them you can get as walk-ons without wasting an initial counter on them. Hell, I haven't seen any evidence that Lovingood, the guy we signed as an initial counter, is any better than the parade of walk-ons we've used over the years. Or the walk-ons that other schools are using.

Different situation with Williamson. He's an in-state kid who suffered a season-ending knee injury a couple months ago. It's hard to do anything about those, even if the Vols were tempted. Parting ways with kids in those situations can be used against you in recruiting and can strain some in-state relationships.
-Callahan

This was in response to if Williamson could be dropped.

I think this kid might be pretty decent after a redshirt year. At least a good special teams guy

I think this kid might be pretty decent after a redshirt year. At least a good special teams guy
I listened to the games. He was good at WR, played LB to but I Remember him making more plays at wr.

I listened to the games. He was good at WR, played LB to but I Remember him making more plays at wr.
Kid's an athlete that's for sure, that whole team was fast last year gave us fits in the state championship for a quarter and a half, hope he doesn't get the Git, if he comes back 100% from injury he could be good

Reactions: T Dog
Podcast said they expect him to be Blue shirted or Gray shirted
Thought I saw it posted that Coach YAC visited him a day or two ago. If so, he can no longer be blue shirted. If we visit a player or his family off campus, then he is officially being "recruited" .. so no blue shirt.

Gray shirt means he would not enroll until Jan 2021 after the 2020 season so he would be a 2021 recruit. If he has not fully recovered from his ACL injury this would make the most sense.

Thought I saw it posted that Coach YAC visited him a day or two ago. If so, he can no longer be blue shirted. If we visit a player or his family off campus, then he is officially being "recruited" .. so no blue shirt.

Gray shirt means he would not enroll until Jan 2021 after the 2020 season so he would be a 2021 recruit. If he has not fully recovered from his ACL injury this would make the most sense.
I thought that was only for the head coach?

You can visit a blue shirt, he just can’t have OFFICIALLY visited. Butch famously visited Jashon Robertson and he immediately tweeted about him “wasting his time”...blueshirted.

VN Store

Back