'22 TN ATH Anthony Brown (Arkansas commit)

Tennessee really hasn't been recruiting him that hard over the past couple months.
Right now they're not pushing for him per Callahan

Reactions: VolByLaw
“They’re definitely in the mix. I’ll keep them up there. (I like) the fan base. The new coaching staff seems tremendous. They’re good on relationships.

“They seem like they’re enjoying it over there. I like it.”

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Brown said he spent time with “the whole coaching staff,” including Tennessee defensive backs coach Willie Martinez, defensive coordinator Tim Banks and Heupel himself. Brown said he came away impressed by the Vols’ new staff.

“It’s great, man,” he said. “Great energy. I love it. They’ve got all the energy, man. I’m telling you, they’re building something nice over there.

“They traveled everywhere with me. Coach Heupel and Coach Banks — we were with the whole coaching staff. They were in our photo shoot and everything. It was great. We really felt the hospitality.

“Me and Coach Martinez clicked on a different level. Most of the time, I was probably with him.”

Brown had been to Tennessee before to attend one of the Vols’ camps more than two years ago, during former coach Jeremy Pruitt’s tenure. But Brown said he still was impressed by his latest look at Tennessee’s campus and facilities.

“Beautiful campus, man,” he said. “They’re adding a lot. They’re rebuilding a lot — not just staff, but the facility. They’re building a lot. It looks nice.”
-Callahan

From a poster on VQ:

Word is that Brown will be announcing his destination in about two weeks. Not saying the Vols are going to get him, but the staff has done a fine job of closing the gap and now he might even be a Tennessee lean. Arkansas has worked him almost daily for several months and he has resisted committing to them. He has been on the Tennessee campus several times over the past couple or three years but would be nice if the staff would get him to use his official visit to Knoxville in the next 10 days.

VN Store

Back