'21 TN ATH Andre Turrentine (Tennessee signee - Transfer from Ohio St.)

Don't understand choosing this hill to die on. It's a good get (and some opinions are better than others).
giphy-downsized.gif

I get the excitement about this commitment. But why are some of you acting like this is some kind of massive win for us? Was he a starter at OSU? No. OSU message boards don’t seem upset to lose him at all. One poster said he would likely have never seen the field. I mean this guy wasn’t some can’t miss prospect that is a complete stud.
No, I don't think you do get it..

Cmon man, 4wd and seats in the bed - that was an awesome ride in 1978!
Yeah I can see it now, fat women with tattoos and tank tops in those seats. Guys with mullets in front. Common sight at the rod run in pigeon forge now. Used to be cool cars.

View attachment 452283Turrentine is a perfect example of what the last 15 years of bad coaching hires and lackluster performance on the field has cost us.

Thank goodness Heupel has groomed the image that Tennesse can win again even though UT only had a 7 win season. We were competitive in almost every game.

If he can add a couple wins to his first season with this roster, imagine what the perception and the fallout from that will be recruiting wise.

Pruitt had an 8 win season and I can't recall any recruits talking about how he was changing the program for the good. That is something I see mentioned a lot by recruits about Heupel.

BOOM!
Right! Crazy that we were like 3 unfavorable calls away from being a 10 win team in his first season.

Reactions: buckfama
I get the excitement about this commitment. But why are some of you acting like this is some kind of massive win for us? Was he a starter at OSU? No. OSU message boards don’t seem upset to lose him at all. One poster said he would likely have never seen the field. I mean this guy wasn’t some can’t miss prospect that is a complete stud.

You totally missed the context of my post.

It's not that I think we signed a top 5 player at cb and a savior, but just what the kid said and the perception of Tennessee football by recruits at this moment.

Turrentine stated that he see UT and Heupel turning things around and the culture of the program, and the family atmosphere are what brought him back to Tennessee. You see statements Iike this in just about every post visit interview with recruits.

Turrentine may end up a bust, or a first round draft pick. No one knows at this point.

Now we at least get a chance to find out because of how Heupel has changed the culture and perception around UT.

That's what I was celebrating with that post, even though I think this kid is a quality addition.

VN Store

Back