'24 TN ATH Amari Jefferson (BaseVols commit)

GregAmsler

Are you sure about that? I bet we have a plan toUse the NIL so our baseball program can compete with Vandy.
Yes, I am. Look at what LSU is doing in the portal because of their NIL collective. Tennessee just isn’t applying it to baseball, at least not yet. Jordan Beck and Kirby Connell receiving $2 for every Mike Honcho and Vollie Fingers jersey sold isn’t going to make a dent in the tuition gap.

SoilVol

No step on snek
Why not have football and baseball cover half his full scholarship. Is that possible? Or baseball scholly and NIL him as a football player. I think there's ways to make it work where he will be covered and play both sports.

allvolrecruiting

Why not have football and baseball cover half his full scholarship. Is that possible? Or baseball scholly and NIL him as a football player. I think there are ways to make it work where he will be covered and play both sports.
Once he plays football and is on a scholarship, it has to be a football one. Baseball usually doesn't give full rides out anyway so it's the better option to take the football scholarship anyway if you are going to play both

SoilVol

No step on snek
Once he plays football and is on a scholarship, it has to be a football one. Baseball usually doesn't give full rides out anyway so it's the better option to take the football scholarship anyway if you are going to play both
I agree he should take a full ride if given, then hopefully play both. But it would be nice to have him on the team and still use the scholly for someone else by getting him on campus via baseball.

Can you give more explanation on him "having" to be on football scholarship if he plays football? That doesn't make sense to me tbh. If you have a track star that's on track scholarship and he comes out to play WR/Return Man does he have to have his scholarship changed to football?

BJHSVol

I agree he should take a full ride if given, then hopefully play both. But it would be nice to have him on the team and still use the scholly for someone else by getting him on campus via baseball.

Can you give more explanation on him "having" to be on football scholarship if he plays football? That doesn't make sense to me tbh. If you have a track star that's on track scholarship and he comes out to play WR/Return Man does he have to have his scholarship changed to football?
I believe the rule is the football team doesn’t “have” to give an actual scholarship but any scholarship athlete that plays football counts towards the 85. It prevents cheating from loading up with non-revenue sports with extra players to get around the 85 rule.

Probably_in_Class

Ehh, we'll see. Baseball is going to file in under football and basketball with regards to NIL, I'd say. I wouldn't bank on it if I'm a player, but I'd love to see it.
I think your rankings are accurate, but I don't think we're really talking much money needed either. I mean, with a partial baseball scholarship, some lottery money, and in-state tuition, there's not much of a gap NIL would need to close "full scholarship" (and even include housing) level for guys like this.

VN Store