TN #23 in AP poll (projections - thanks ftsandersvol)

These are just projections, and the writer has Florida at #12. I'll have whatever he is smokin'.

Sorry fellow vol fan, but this guy may not be far off. If their QB was not way over his normal performance level, he may be able to carry them til the rest of his really good athletics catch up. I think we have been underestimating (hoping) what they will be like this year. As to their new rating, they beat a somebody ranked inside the top ten, we beat a nobody we both were shown like by the "who ever they are". As is usual, time and games will settle thing out as to who is who.

Sorry fellow vol fan, but this guy may not be far off. If their QB was not way over his normal performance level, he may be able to carry them til the rest of his really good athletics catch up. I think we have been underestimating (hoping) what they will be like this year. As to their new rating, they beat a somebody ranked inside the top ten, we beat a nobody we both were shown like by the "who ever they are". As is usual, time and games will settle thing out as to who is who.

Agree....UF is top 15, Oregon may drop completely out. I do expect ND to fall more as NC State.

Us at 23 sounds about right.

I do not have any issues outside of ND and NC State.

He also has Notre Dame at 7, calling 21-10 a “close loss.”

Well, there goes any and all legitimacy to this poll. Notre Dame was never going to be a factor in this game - should have stayed home.

Still hoping that we are NOT in Top 25. We need bulletin board material for the coaches and our players more than we need a little ego stroking for some fans. Polls can be a teams worse enemy.

Breaking NEWS. We will be in the Top 25 because ABC is carrying the Pitt game and they want/need ratings. Duh!!

UF will make a big jump because voters will refuse to admit they ranked Utah way too high. They will falsely elevate UF now.

Florida looked good, imo. Their QB should’ve started last year and Mullen mismanaged the roster, imo.

I don’t know how well we match up with Florida’s athleticism, but it would be nice to get two consecutive wins over top 15-16 teams in Pitt and Florida.

Florida looked good, imo. Their QB should’ve started last year and Mullen mismanaged the roster, imo.

I don’t know how well we match up with Florida’s athleticism, but it would be nice to get two consecutive wins over top 15-16 teams in Pitt and Florida.
Sorry but I thought Utah ran the ball at will and gave the game away in the end. JMO.

He also has Notre Dame at 7, calling 21-10 a “close loss.”
It was. ND was up at half and it was a 4 pt game with 4 mins left.

Especially considering OSU was favored by much more and the perceived gap between the top 3 and everyone else is massive, it was a relatively close loss.

Probably a good case not to drop them at all. But AP voters are silly and base more on W/L than predictive measures/power rankings, such as Vegas does.

Which is why we're a favorite...on the road...vs a likely higher ranked Pitt (though the projected rankings do correctly drop Pitt after that WVU game...we'll see if they actually do drop).

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back