Tiyon Evans needs to be the feature back.

PEPPERJAX

Let's Do A Ritual....
Evans has been one of the standouts this year on offense. He should be our starting back receiving the majority of the carries. I like Jabari Small but believe Evans brings more to the table. Tiyon runs violently, moves the pile, and is tough to tackle. The guy has some swagger as well. Thoughts VN?

that's what the coaches have been telling you as well. Evans and Small are the Chubb and Hunt of college ball. It's a privilege to have that kind of run game, now you just need to establish the run. I wouldn't play Cooper again until he's healthy.

that's what the coaches have been telling you as well. Evans and Small are the Chubb and Hunt of college ball. It's a privilege to have that kind of run game, now you just need to establish the run. I wouldn't play Cooper again until he's healthy.
The problem is that the run game is very pedestrian without Cooper. We don't have another true center on the roster. OL depth is a major issue. Your center is the second QB on offense in regards to calling blocking assignments.

The problem is that the run game is very pedestrian without Cooper. We don't have another true center on the roster. OL depth is a major issue. Your center is the second QB on offense in regards to calling blocking assignments.
Spot on. Carvin is definitely not a center. He is best suited as a guard. I hope Cooper can play and is healthy. The OL loses a lot of thump when Ollie Lane is inserted into the lineup so far this year.

Evans has been one of the standouts this year on offense. He should be our starting back receiving the majority of the carries. I like Jabari Small but believe Evans brings more to the table. Tiyon runs violently, moves the pile, and is tough to tackle. The guy has some swagger as well. Thoughts VN?
I thought Evans is the featured back?

Reactions: Helton1

I agree Evans gets north and south fast and is better at finding the holes. I've seen Small have too much happy feet in the backfield. He needs to learn to be more decisive in the backfield.

Reactions: alavolfan
Spot on. Carvin is definitely not a center. He is best suited as a guard. I hope Cooper can play and is healthy. The OL loses a lot of thump when Ollie Lane is inserted into the lineup so far this year.

This is huge. We lose a lot at 2 OL spots when Cooper isn't in there. Wish we had a capable backup Center to keep Carvin at guard, he's much much better there.

Evans and Small are combining to average 101.25 yards rushing per game, and three of our four opponents were average at best (and that's being extremely kind). I prefer Evans over Small, but neither one of them is a game changer. As usual, the quality of our wide receivers and our running backs were way overrated by the fan base before the season started.

Reactions: Sarms58 and redge

Yup. Our offense again went into the crapper when Cooper came out. Finding another player who can provide quallity play at C has got to be a top priority this recruiting class, whether that is a high school recruit, a JUCO, or a transfer portal guy.

Yup. Our offense again went into the crapper when Cooper came out. Finding another player who can provide quallity play at C has got to be a top priority this recruiting class, whether that is a high school recruit, a JUCO, or a transfer portal guy.
As I've said on many occasions until your oline is two/ three quality players deep at each position you'll continue to struggle.
It seems this has been the crux of the issues with the offense for 10 long years.
A priority should be to make sure we have the best oline coach money can buy.

I forget what number he was, but I think he was the nations 3rd leading rusher week one... and they were pass happy. Game breaker.

I’m not sure if anyone is a serviceable backup at center but the depth chart was in much better shape before we lost Calbert and Locklear.

Reactions: VAVol85
I'm just going to let you sit in that like a sybian, because he's on his way to becoming the nations best back, and he didn't play at all game 2. Florida had to get dirty on him to change what was happening in that game. Game changer.

VN Store

Back