• 2-3yrs

Votes: 59 55.7%
  • 4-5yrs

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • 5+yrs

Votes: 10 9.4%

• Total voters

Trojan_Vol

I predict we will win the Natty in the next 3-5yrs (Probably with Nico at the helm). What say you? Also: F Florida

I think if teams don't come up with a way to defend our offense (except having exceptional talent at corners and safeties, see GA last year), we stand a good chance with an improving defense of being able to capitalize on a championship. That being said, it's hard as hell to win a Natty. I've seen the best teams in football fall short for decades. But, I like our odds with this coaching staff of getting shots at it.

p.s. yes, F Florida

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I said 4-5 yrs. The Offense is amazing, I just think we are a couple of years behind on the Defense.
Yes, we can score on anybody...but the other side of that is we need to be able to stop someone occasionally so the O can capitalize (see GA and USCe last year).

We have to supplant both Bama and Georgia. It’s not like the 90’s where we just had to worry about Florida. I still think we are a few years away. CJH has done an awesome job scheming and getting the most out of the players. We just need to get some guys in to be a little more compatible compared to those other two schools.

A little over a decade ago, Oregon was similar and they made it to the big game. It took them a little while, too.

Reactions: HeuperDrive
I said 4-5 years. We still need some help on the defense, especially in the secondary. Offense doesn't worry me, we'll score points. But I think we need elite depth along the defensive line and secondary to win a natty. I think Heupel will get us there but it'll take a few years. He's already elite on the recruiting trail so I don't think he'll have any problems getting the talent necessary to win.

I think if teams don't come up with a way to defend our offense (except having exceptional talent at corners and safeties, see GA last year), we stand a good chance with an improving defense of being able to capitalize on a championship. That being said, it's hard as hell to win a Natty. I've seen the best teams in football fall short for decades. But, I like our odds with this coaching staff of getting shots at it.

p.s. yes, F Florida
One key will be the schedule going forward past 2024. Playing Florida, Alabama, and Georgia each and every season is a steep hill to climb. That said, the 12 playoff gives us a wider door to lose a couple and still have a shot. Will be intersting time for sure

Reactions: Hurley Mooncalf
I think the new "SEC" schedule is gonna wreak havoc on the conference. Gonna be really hard to get out unscathed which opens the door for more backburner conferences. To wit: TCU

The way CJH recruits and his elite play calling I think it could happen at anytime but very conservatively I’d guess 4-5 years.

If Bama is truly taking a step back and since the playoff is expanding it could be sooner depending.

p.s. yes, F Florida

This:
"That being said, it's hard as hell to win a Natty. I've seen the best teams in football fall short for decades."

Not only does it take player talent and good coaching, it takes LUCK.

Reactions: Hurley Mooncalf

VN Store

Back