Titans Owner Bud Adams wants Peyton Manning

Adam Schefter: Titans were preparing to make run at Houston's Mario Williams, and now organization has shifted its focus to try to sign Peyton Manning.

tumblr_lyfiyxa0Ew1qjw4df.jpg

Just a PR ploy... why on earth would PM want to go to Titans when he could play w another team much closer to competing for a SB? Besides any team that would sign ANYONE to a big contract that has had it least 3 neck surgeries , including a anterior cerical fusion is out of their minds IMHO

Just a PR ploy... why on earth would PM want to go to Titans when he could play w another team much closer to competing for a SB? Besides any team that would sign ANYONE to a big contract that has had it least 3 neck surgeries , including a anterior cerical fusion is out of their minds IMHO

What closer team is there besides the Texans? The Titans had a better record then Miami, Denver, and Arizona

Reactions: 2 people

Haha, clueless

how so ? He is mild sack from being retired... or WORSE. Do you know whats involved a cervical bone fusion or why he was having triceps weakness?

He is healthy titans have to get him keep locker and get manning don't know of any one better to learn from

What closer team is there besides the Texans? The Titans had a better record then Miami, Denver, and Arizona

3498469276_f0bb7f60a3.jpg

As much as I would love to get Peyton as a Titan's fan, it would be a waste on PM's final years. We are more than a great QB away IMO.

As much as I would love to get Peyton as a Titan's fan, it would be a waste on PM's final years. We are more than a great QB away IMO.

We finished 9-7 last year with Matt Hasselbeck in year 1 of his tenure. Only 3 of those losses were decided victories for our opponents. We were one play away from victory in the other four losses. In every one of those we had the chance to make that play too. At first glance, you're correct, QB was not the glaring issue last year.

HOWEVER, if you can field a healthy Peyton Manning, I'd bet my left pinkie he's worth 2-3 more victories this past year. He lifts the play of those around him, including the defense.

He may not end up in Titan-blue, but this idea that the Titans are too far away from winning, and that Peyton would never consider them is silly. Without Peyton this team is on the verge, with Peyton (and a pass rusher), this team might just be there.

We finished 9-7 last year with Matt Hasselbeck in year 1 of his tenure. Only 3 of those losses were decided victories for our opponents. We were one play away from victory in the other four losses. In every one of those we had the chance to make that play too. At first glance, you're correct, QB was not the glaring issue last year.

HOWEVER, if you can field a healthy Peyton Manning, I'd bet my left pinkie he's worth 2-3 more victories this past year. He lifts the play of those around him, including the defense.

He may not end up in Titan-blue, but this idea that the Titans are too far away from winning, and that Peyton would never consider them is silly. Without Peyton this team is on the verge, with Peyton (and a pass rusher), this team might just be there.

Freeney? New Colts GM should be getting a commission from the rest of the NFL.

I was against this at first, but IF he is healthy, I say sure... lets put the whole band back together.

It's a helluva band. Was a Colts fan... just waiting for Peyton to land so I can find a new home.

He can make a 2-win team a 10-win team. Who knows what he can do with a 9-win team?

Freeney's the real deal... he just knows not to negotiate squat with Irsay. Don't know the Titans defense well enough to know what fixes it.

But, PM alone is enough for playoff certainty. All the rest is about trying win the championship... and I suspect that's Peyton's only focus. Wherever he thinks he has the best odds of winning the Super Bowl again is the simple answer to where he's heading.

Valid point. If we could somehow grab a Mario Williams or Dwight Freeney it was dramatically improve our pass rush. I am afraid CJ's new deal won't allow us to sign enough top-talent on defense.

Valid point. If we could somehow grab a Mario Williams or Dwight Freeney it was dramatically improve our pass rush. I am afraid CJ's new deal won't allow us to sign enough top-talent on defense.

That's where PM is a bit of an odd duck. He takes less money to get better teammates. If he thinks the Titans give him the best odds, he won't be going for the highest bid. It'll be about who else can they get.

Some of his buddies may be in the same state of mind, fwiw.

If PM starts getting bitter soon enough, he may want to stay in the same division with the Colts so he can enjoy pounding them twice a year.

Last edited:
That's where PM is a bit of an odd duck. He takes less money to get better teammates. If he thinks the Titans give him the best odds, he won't be going for the highest bid. It'll be about who else can they get.

Some of his buddies may be in the same state of mind, fwiw.

Are you referring to Wayne and Saturday? This division has to be appealing to him, essentially the division runs through Houston right now and they aren't a great team. I wonder how he would feel having to play Indy twice a year.

Are you referring to Wayne and Saturday? This division has to be appealing to him, essentially the division runs through Houston right now and they aren't a great team. I wonder how he would feel having to play Indy twice a year.

He would never in a million years come out and say it, but it has to be an appealing prospect. He is a warrior after all. My guess is that he would have summarily dismissed the Titans offer if this was an issue.

By the time the ball is kicked off, he'll want to beat Indy worse than any other opponent he plays. That'd be the general sentiment for these other guys as well.

Pretty rotten deal the new GM and owner is handing the city and the franchise.

PM could beat what's left in Indy if he had to do it with Vandy's team.

Do the Titans need a center and WR... possibly a TE... in addition to a QB and DE... all are pro-bowlers looking for work?

via Twitter:

Bryan Fischer ‏ @BryanDFischer:

Well then. RT @PriscoCBS: The word I hear tonight from one league exec is he thinks Manning, Wayne and Clark all might be going to Denver

Well....you guys have me convinced. I want PM in Nashville more than ever now. It makes sense because he is so familiar with the division and the AFC, not to mention the fan support would be unreal.

VN Store

Back