Titans going to AFC championship

Sure but it's still not their actual name technically speaking. And Clemson is the biggest program anyway in the Carolinas

No one in NC gives a crap about Clemson unless they moved there after graduation. Clemson is just a an ACC Rival to UNC, NC State, Duke and Wake Forest.

There is an 8000 person difference in attendance between Clemson (80k) and Carolina (72k). Clemson does have a bigger stadium.
I'd say if you look at their historic attendance records that Clemson has comfortably out drawn USC junior throughout the years. But my overall point is that South Carolina football does not have nearly as a commanding hold on their region in terms of fan support as the Vols do

There is an 8000 person difference in attendance between Clemson (80k) and Carolina (72k). Clemson does have a bigger stadium.
Most college stadiums are larger, the NFL stadiums have seat backs, cup holders, a great selection of concessions, and much shorter rest room lines. Anyone who has been to our last 5 bowls will confirm, it's not about being crammed in a 18" inch seat and no parking

Reactions: vol94
Was always a Broncos fan. Dont really have a 'team' in NFL. Just like AFC. Chiefs are ok. Titans are exciting too.

Basically, any team not named Dallas, New England, or Baltimore.

Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings and the Carolina Panthers all say hello. Like the Titans, the aforementioned teams draw fans from multiple cities in their regions. I am pretty sure when the deal for Nashville's stadium was being negotiated, the state of TN insisted they be called Tennessee instead of Nashville.
Same thing with the New England Patriots. They cover Mass, NH, Maine, Conn, and RI.

Reactions: VolRoger
Sure but it's still not their actual name technically speaking. And Clemson is the biggest program anyway in the Carolinas
Now it is, but it wasn't before their run. Before, Uscjr, UNC, and Duke were all more popular, the latter two for basketball obviously. As for the Panthers, I don't remember any one in SC giving a damn about them when I lived there.

Maybe it's just a football thing?

Arizona Diamondbacks
Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Min Twins
Indiana Pacers
Utah Jazz

Nope

Min Vikings

It's generally a market size thing.

Now you’re getting personal 😉. I’m a lifelong Vikings fan despite living In Knoxville my whole life. Since they were bounced out of the playoffs last week I’m cheering for the Chiefs because of Andy Reid. It would be great to see him win a SB and finally shut all his critics up about not winning the big game. If the Titans win tomorrow, they’ll certainly get my fandom in Miami mostly because I despise the 49ers and of course dislike the Packers.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Now it is, but it wasn't before their run. Before, Uscjr, UNC, and Duke were all more popular, the latter two for basketball obviously. As for the Panthers, I don't remember any one in SC giving a damn about them when I lived there.
I mean purely in football. Clemson has always been the biggest in football. Definitely not basketball

VN Store

Back